Avg

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I hope AVG are better at detecting virus than they are at detecting operating systems. My AVG program shows my Athlon processor as an Intel Pentium, and my XP system as being Windows 2000.

I only tried it once and really didn't care for it much so I went back to Norton. Although some people swear by it :)

I loved norton untill it missed a couple'a viruses...avg got them as soon as it was installed

Posted by PC-Dude
I only tried it once and really didn't care for it much so I went back to Norton. Although some people swear by it :)

Same here.

I just use AVG because it doesn't hog your resources like Norton. But I like both AVG and Norton equally.

Well i am a AVG pro user and it does what it is supposed to do,i have had norton in the past for a few years but even with 2002 version it sometimes had trouble installing the updates it had downloaded which i never solved so when my subscription ran out i bought Avg as long as they detect virus`s and deal with them i will use whichever i feel like buying at the time.

I love Norton's :) Maily cause its FREE from my ISP :D

I used AVG till i changed ISP.

I know that if the free version of avg were not free, and I had to pay for it...I would give more for this program then I would give for norton.

the same way I would pay more for nortin then I would pay for mcafee.

it's just a smaller program that does a great job, and I go for those

Can't say I care much for it, dont really like Norton either tho, im just awkward :p

I like my AVG. I don't swear by it; but it finds what Norton misses. And it's free. But so is Norton :p

I find anything Norton abhorrent! Working in the business, the number of machines that come into our workshop with problems (mainly resource/incompatability related) that are fixed simply by removing Norton Utilities/Antivirus etc. are countless. We now recommend ALL our business customers use AVG Pro. We find there are no compatability issues, and uses virtually no resources.

TOK

Gothic your avatar suits my name :D

I was looking for one like that but got fed up after many hours of crap websites.

Lol.....would have used it if i had found/created it but took me long enough to shrink my present one down to upload on here

BonyTony, I saw it a while ago on a hackers (real) forum, and asked it's owner if I could borrow it. He said anyone is welcome to use it as long as there was no monetary gain involved! So for the right price.....................

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back