Avg

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
Anyone manage to get the free AVG to update automatically when not on line at the scheduled time? With Norton the update always worked when there were new updates, irrespective of the scheduled time.

this is a very unusual question...I'm definately not understanding...it's impossoble to get an update if you are not on line

is this like..."no soap, radio"?

ok, now I get it...norton just always looks for an update...which you should dissble, as it'll take your bandwidth...avg, ya, you can pcik scheduled times, but I wouldn't do that either...taking your bandwidth when you might need it, just update manually...best choice

Sorry I didn't make my posting clear. I had Norton scheduled for a time of day, but even if I wasn't on line at that time, it still checked and downloaded updates when I next logged on. With AVG if I am not logged on at the sceduled time, then the update is missed, and it doesn't automatically update when I do log on. The manual updates work fine, so as you say I'll just do a manual check every few days. Sorry for the confusion.

set the time in the avg control centre and it should dial and update whenever you want it too but personally i prefer to do it manually, although grisoft say a release is put out monthly, i find that i can get new updates every couple of days

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back