AVG won't update

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Friend has new lap top. I have hooked it up to the internet no problems wireless and cabled. Internet access is no problem but i cannot get it to update AVG Free or Windows defender, i cannot seem to find what the problem is, i have disabled both the windows firewall and the Belkin firewall with still no sucess. I am unfamiliar with belkin N1 , can anyone offer any help?

Maybe you need to forward a port? I checked portforward.com under that router, but AVG isn't listed. Maybe you could enable DMZ for a bit just to see if it's the router stopping it.

And the other thing is that AVG might be configured wrong. I haven't used it much myself, but there are probably some internet connection settings in there.

Open AVG, click on "Tools" then click on "Advanced Settings" then click on "update in the column on left side of the window. Tell us what is checked off and what is not. Also click on the "Proxy" setting under "Update". If you are not using a proxy make some that it's all blank and the upper box has "Don't use proxy". Click on the "Dial Up setting listed below that setting and if you are not using a dial up connection (you are using a DSL or Cable connection instead) make sure it is not checked off. And last, click on the "URL setting below that and see that both boxes for the "Primary: and "Secondary" servers are checked off. You could also if you think there are connection problems with either of the servers add a new one by click the "ADD" button, but you need the Address for it which you could probably find at the AVG site or somewhere else online. Hope this helps. I am using AVG 8.0xx and I just upgraded my subscription and did an update today. So, if any options I have checked off can help let me know.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back