AVG problem

trackrat

Birmingham UK
I have used AVG for about 3 years now without a problem.
When I clicked on to the E-Mail (OE), a pop up came up by the clock saying
auto pop3 connecting to pop3.blueyonder.co.uk and I could not access my e-mail then it went to AVGE-mail scanner and allowed my e-mails through, also the AVG 4 coloured square is spinning.
Any ideas.

I have just gone into the control center of AVG and the entry for the E-Mail scanner is missing,

Attachments

• avg fault.jpg
    avg fault.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 92
  • avg2 copy.jpg
    avg2 copy.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 96
  • avg3.jpg
    avg3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Its all back and working now, I did a system restore.
I suspect it might have been a corrupted DLL.

it was scanning your emails. thats what its supposed to do. if your using a pop server based email. client AVG will scan all incomming emails. double check and make sure you have your setings correct.

I had this problem also; it was done checking emails, not still scanning them, hence the grey box with no information on what it's scanning.

Grisoft obviously fixed this because it has not happened for me for a few weeks (changed nothing except for updating AVG).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back