AVG or NOD32?

I'm running my first scan with it right now.

Very impressed so far, love the ability to send e-mail if a virus is found, as well as the detailed "in-scan" logging it provides.

:laugh: Got to agree with most of the posters here nod32 is the one to install .I have been useing it for twelve months now and have had no problems at all ,it even updates it self and doesn't slow the computer down as does norton .

Mother of pearl - the In Depth Scan took 2 hours and 1 minute to run :eek:

However, it did find and remove a virus that AVG never found, shocking really. It was something in the restore volume of one of my secondary drives. I also like how it automates everything wrt to sending in file types for potential examnisation to esets.

Very impressive after only a few hours of usage so far, didn't really notice the system lagging much during the scan either.

Then again, resources aren't an issue here :)

I find this site to be pretty decent for comparinf anti-virus. http://www.av-comparatives.org/ is the main site then click on comparatives at the side there. THey have 2 charts one for on-demand scanning and one for on-the-fly.For the record I also recommend NOD32, i use it on all my computers.

I've been using NOD32 for a couple years now. Love it because of its efficiency, and it is much better than most of the crap out there.

I've been doing some research on possibilities of replacing my current server-based AV - see here

As part of this, I was sent a .PDF by one of their sales reps and I wanted to post it because I thought it was an interesting comparison. Document is "How does yours compare"

Attachments

• How does yours compare doc.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 138
nod32 would be my AV of choice but as avg is free and i'm just a poor student that is the way forward at the moment, would definately switch back given the opportunity. ;-)

Last edited:
if you need free, take a look at my thread aboout the AOl Antivirus :)

Definitely go for NOD32. Only reason AVG is good is because its free. I scanned with NOD32 and it detected more than 10 viruses that AVG missed and none were false positives. Been using NOD32 since :)

if you need free, take a look at my thread aboout the AOl Antivirus :)

This antivirus seems to work quite well, it picked up two virus that avg free version totally missed. I would recommend it to people looking for free software, especially because it uses kaspersky virus definitions and is based on their av program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back