AVG AntiVirus update 441 available

avg is the friggin bomb

what an unbelievable service these people provide.

and when the call comes, the are up to the task.

I will give this company all of the support that I can...if they have a product that I can use, I buy it...just to support this great company.

thanx for the info L R

It is Excellent, I just binned Norton 2002 for it, had it on trial for a month and bought it.

With them I don,t have to pay for yearly Virus updates or their yearly programs.

You know there is a free version of AVG don't you polyglory? I've seen the one you buy at stores & it looks the same as the free version. Anyway for future reference. :)

Thx for heads up Elroy Jetson;)

Not sure if any of you know but it has its own built in update manager, to access it just double click the icon in the taskbar

You have to configure it when to update but it works very well

see the attached

I don't leave my poor old puter on 24/7 that's why I do a manual update. :happy:

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I don't leave my poor old puter on 24/7 that's why I do a manual update. :happy:

hd

I dont leave mine on 24/7 and I got the update at 7.00pm last night :happy:

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
You know there is a free version of AVG don't you polyglory? I've seen the one you buy at stores & it looks the same as the free version. Anyway for future reference. :)

Yep I did thanks Hipster, a few extras on the pro Version and the support really did it for me.Thanks anyway:)

Originally posted by Alan
Thx for heads up Elroy Jetson;)

Not sure if any of you know but it has its own built in update manager, to access it just double click the icon in the taskbar

I'm behind a proxy server, so I cannot use the update manager. Plus, I like to keep control over what is happening!

Cheers, EJ :cool:

if the updater uses the HTTP system, then you might be able to get it work over proxy by ticking the Enable HTTP 1.1 over proxy connections thing in the Internet Properties advanced tab.

Originally posted by Geffy
if the updater uses the HTTP system, then you might be able to get it work over proxy by ticking the Enable HTTP 1.1 over proxy connections thing in the Internet Properties advanced tab.

Thanks for the tip, Geffy, but it does not work. I have a link in my Mozilla personal toolbar, so I usually just quickly check once a day (hence the post all the time!). As a matter of fact, here is a new one now! www.grisoft.com

Cheers, EJ :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back