• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AVG AntiVirus update 441 available

Perris Calderon

Moderator
Staff member
Political User
#2
avg is the friggin bomb

what an unbelievable service these people provide.

and when the call comes, the are up to the task.

I will give this company all of the support that I can...if they have a product that I can use, I buy it...just to support this great company.

thanx for the info L R
 

polyglory

Walkabout Specialist
#4
It is Excellent, I just binned Norton 2002 for it, had it on trial for a month and bought it.

With them I don,t have to pay for yearly Virus updates or their yearly programs.
 

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
#5
You know there is a free version of AVG don't you polyglory? I've seen the one you buy at stores & it looks the same as the free version. Anyway for future reference. :)
 

Alan

its only fun
#6
Thx for heads up Elroy Jetson;)

Not sure if any of you know but it has its own built in update manager, to access it just double click the icon in the taskbar


You have to configure it when to update but it works very well


see the attached
 

Alan

its only fun
#8
Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I don't leave my poor old puter on 24/7 that's why I do a manual update. :happy:
hd

I dont leave mine on 24/7 and I got the update at 7.00pm last night :happy:
 

polyglory

Walkabout Specialist
#9
Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
You know there is a free version of AVG don't you polyglory? I've seen the one you buy at stores & it looks the same as the free version. Anyway for future reference. :)
Yep I did thanks Hipster, a few extras on the pro Version and the support really did it for me.Thanks anyway:)
 

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
#10
Originally posted by Alan
Thx for heads up Elroy Jetson;)

Not sure if any of you know but it has its own built in update manager, to access it just double click the icon in the taskbar
I'm behind a proxy server, so I cannot use the update manager. Plus, I like to keep control over what is happening!

Cheers, EJ :cool:
 
#11
if the updater uses the HTTP system, then you might be able to get it work over proxy by ticking the Enable HTTP 1.1 over proxy connections thing in the Internet Properties advanced tab.
 

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
#12
Originally posted by Geffy
if the updater uses the HTTP system, then you might be able to get it work over proxy by ticking the Enable HTTP 1.1 over proxy connections thing in the Internet Properties advanced tab.
Thanks for the tip, Geffy, but it does not work. I have a link in my Mozilla personal toolbar, so I usually just quickly check once a day (hence the post all the time!). As a matter of fact, here is a new one now! www.grisoft.com

Cheers, EJ :cool:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,961
Messages
673,239
Members
89,016
Latest member
poordown814