AVG AntiVirus Free 7.0 Build 296 - Released Dec. 10

Kr0m

OSNN Veteran Addict
From the AVG website:

This update contains many fixes and improvements. Most important changes include:

- improved processing of database files by the resident shield, that solves problems with slow performance of some systems and applications

- improved archive handling - better support for various malformed archives
fixed bug with AVG Control Center indicated as "not responding" on certain Win9x systems

- improvements in the Personal e-mail scanner and many other.

Download here: Grisoft

thanx krom...I don't think the updater will handle the upgrade...need to get it y hand

you checked the build number marge?

mine said it was updating byt the build didn;t match the new build number

perris said:
you checked the build number marge?

mine said it was updating byt the build didn;t match the new build number
Yep I checked after reading kroms post :)

aha

it's a server problem in this area...my work box won't udate either...it says there's no connection, though there is

mine updated yesterday 6 mb update i knew that wasnt only defs' so i checked if the version changed after it updated and i was right yay!

I just tried to update by AVG and the Update Manager said that a new version was ready. When I clicked on the button it said: "New update ready{Level: Recommended upgrade}. Next update scheduled on 12/12/2004 9:24AM from www.grisoft.cz."

I guess since I have virus updates scheduled, it also schedules version updates. It must be trying to schedule uploads to keep the servers from being too busy. Since it's free, I'll wait for the scheduled upload.

perris said:
aha

it's a server problem in this area...my work box won't udate either...it says there's no connection, though there is

I have this problem also.

My update this morning did not update to the new build, just the latest virus base. I had to update to the new build manually. I ocassionally have the problem which states that the email scanner is not running, even though it is. I guess it's time to upgrade to the professional version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back