Avg 9?

If you are using AVG already, yes it's a nice update.

If you aren't using anything, I'd go with MSE over AVG, just because I am starting to like Microsoft products, but they are basically equal.

If you have a paid product like NOD32, then no, don't update to AVG.

I tried it. It is nice, but too touchy; went to avast! free. It is more friendly ..

Yes, I'm running 8 Free right now. I tried avast a while ago and wasn't thrilled with it.

Hi Dreamliner,

Is the AVG9 still have all those popups?

That was the single reason that I moved away from it, and started using Avira free.

Heeter

glad i don't have to worry about looking at a new av prog till march 2012 :)

Hi Dreamliner,

Is the AVG9 still have all those popups?

That was the single reason that I moved away from it, and started using Avira free.

Heeter

What popups are you talking about? I used to use AVG all the time, since before 8, and don't remember anything about popups.

MSE is one of the best AV apps you can get now :)

Easily on par with NOD32 and Kaspersky, surpases AVG Commercial with ease.

MSE is Forefront Client Security for free :D

MSE is one of the best AV apps you can get now :)

Easily on par with NOD32 and Kaspersky, surpases AVG Commercial with ease.

MSE is Forefront Client Security for free :D

When you make statements like this remember to also type "in my opinion" as that is all it actually is.
Unless you want to show some stats to back it up.

I am saying if you want to make statements about a product back it up with proof.

I have tried MSE and think it sucks as it missed a lot of the test viruses I setup for it to catch.

But, that is only my opinion.

Got AVG 9 installed on two machines and it doesn't seem to be sucking up any extra resources. I haven't run a scan yet. No popups so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back