Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
I tried to leave a link in my user CP for this avatar.

100x82.gif

It states it's too big. :huh:

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
So whats the problem?
make it smaller...
*chuckle*

Nick M: Max avatar size is 100x100. Yours looks like 130x100 or something.

yup, dimensions are fine, but the file is too large 154.25 KB (157956 bytes)

Oh...* looks *

Crap!

154.25 KB instead of the allowed 50kb. Maybe EP can set the limit a bit higher? 50kb seems a bit small. Then perhaps I'm asking for too much :confused:

Think about the thousands of avatars stored in the database all roughly 50, now image the size of the database if they where all 150k which is three times as large.
The limits there for a reason. Other than bogging down the DB with (sort of) large images, its also for the dal-up users.

try to make it with less images, crappier quality and optimize it, reduce colors. maybe you can get it down to 50kb and imagina how it looked like :p

100x82.gif
100x82-re-done.gif

Obviously not as good quality, but you can still see whats going on :)

And just what is going on ?

I think the dimensions and sizes that I have set are already very generous.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
And just what is going on ?

I think the dimensions and sizes that I have set are already very generous.

:p Dimensions awesome. Sizes poopy! Up it too 100KB. Please? * mooches *

hmm you got a point there, but 100kb as limit gives the dial up users a very good reason to finally get cable :p

if £10,000.00 magically appeared in my bank.. I still couldn't get a connection faster than dial-up, and this is the case for many people.
It's not a matter of choice, its the simple fact that its impossible.

:huh: Service in some places is still unavaliable, which really sucks. Lots of places I really like have interenet access...but it's 56k.

The only local provider is the hick phone company :p

Yeesh, You broadband kids. The majority of internet users connect via dial-up ya know :p Ah well. That is why I have adshield... *blocks a stupid 800KB avatar on another forum* HAH!

Yep 50k is definately generous. Not that it's a problem of mine... *cough* *10Mbit* *cough* :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back