Avant Browser Can't Access Windows Update?

ya, something they did with ie the skin that my guess deleted or made unsee able a dll the update looks for

just a guess

By any chance, Are you suing Avant's Built-in Proxy setup?

Avant used to give me those errors when I was using the proxy setup.

Heeter

Microsoft is probably picky with how you update Windows, you need to use standalone IE. Try just using standalone IE and see what happens.

turn off all your pop up stoppers, make sure trhe service is enabled, try turning off the firewall.

stuff like that

Almost positive that you have to use IE to get to Windows Update. If it is still failing using IE then something else is wrong. Sorry not much help here.

failing with me too and I use Avant as well

try enabling automatic uodates and see if the computer will do it autromatucally

browse with ie or leave ie running with the service enabled

Works just fine using the latest version of avant for me.

Attachments

• avant.JPG
    avant.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 109
yeah I get that far but when it goes to download it slows up and doeesn't download anything

You need Cryptographic Services set to Automatic to use Windows Update. Also make sure you clock is set to the correct date and time.

See if this does anything>

Windows Update - Error

If you cannot update XP check your c:\windows\windows update.log. If you have this error: Error 0x800C0008 then go to Tools\internet options\languages. You must have one language selected. Boom windows update works again!

Or for LAN settings

Go to control panel, open up Internet Options\Connections. Click on the Lan Settings button at the bottom right of the window. Untick Automatically detect settings.

got it to work but I had to make it set to automatically download...I'll work on it tomorrow and see what's up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back