Auzentech X-fi card delayed!

LordOfLA

Godlike!

AUZENTECH's Soundcard based on the X-Fi™ Chipset coming in June

Auzen X-FI™ Prelude 7.1 Release Update

Santa Clara, CA -June 4, 2007: Auzentech, Inc. (www.auzentech.com), developer of the world's first Dolby® Digital Live and DTS® Connect PCI sound card, announced today a revised shipping date of the end of June for the company's new sound card based on the Creative X-FI™ chipset.

The revised June 2007 release date for the Auzen X-FI™ Prelude 7.1 is a response to confirmed parts availability. The original date -- based on projected parts availability -- had placed the ship date near the end of May.

Auzen X-FI™ Prelude 7.1 will fully support EAX 5.0 and have the same expandability as the Auzen X-Meridian™ 7.1. Support for Dolby® Digital Live real time encoding for Vista is scheduled for Q4 of this year. The soundcard marks the first time Creative has permitted a third-party soundcard vendor to use the Creative X-FI™ chipset in its own soundcard design.

About Auzentech, Inc.
AUZENTECH, Inc. is a provider of quality consumer electronics products, which is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. AUZENTECH developed the World's first Dolby® Digital Live Sound card (X-Mystique 7.1 Gold) and the World's first DTS® Connect Sound Card (X-Plosion 7.1 DTS Connect) and continues to bring innovative audio products to the market.
PR Contact: pr@auzentech.com

About Creative Technology Ltd.
Creative (NASDAQ: CREAF) is a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products. Famous for its Sound Blaster sound cards and for launching the multimedia revolution, Creative is now driving digital entertainment on the PC platform with products like its highly acclaimed ZEN™ portable audio and media players.

Technologies
EAX® is Creative’s sound card technology that creates 3D sound ambience during gameplay. Real time encoding technology allows any audio signal to be delivered as a digital bitstream to your home theater system. Dolby® Digital Live is a real time encoding technology is provided by Dolby®. For more on these and other sound card technologies, see the Auzentech Sound Card Glossary:
http://www.auzentech.com/site/support/glossary.php

X-Fi, Creative, EAX, and ZEN are trademarks Creative Technology, Ltd. Dolby and DolbyDigital Live are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc. Prelude, Auzentech, and Auzen are trademarks of Auzentech, Inc. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.

So its been delayed from May (where it wasn't released) to June - which is now.

..... any word on price? if it's on-par quality as the X-Fi's... but cheaper.... hell, i might be interested.

..... any word on price? if it's on-par quality as the X-Fi's... but cheaper.... hell, i might be interested.

Agreed, I even have a X-fi Xtreame Music right and I might be interested. Will wait to see though....

price is similar to the x-fi platinum. Analogue output quality will be superior. Has Optical/RCA combo digital outputs. will support HDMI 1.3 later in the year via an add-on board.

I thought you ordered it already?

I thought you had a ship date already and everything.

That was based on the ETA overclockers.co.uk was given. Obviously with the card being delayed, the shop isn't getting any stock to send me :)

2 things I wonder:

1) will the drivers get back hardware access in Vista?
2) will it do DDL and DTS in XP? It says Q4 for Vista?

1) Hardware has always been available in Vista via OpenAL - it suprises me how many "clued up" people are ignorant of this fact. Creative alchemy will transpose DirectSound calls to OpenAL calls where full EAX5 support is available.

2) Yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back