Autoplay Problem in XP! HELP!!

G

GleepGlop

please help, when i first installed xp, autoplay worked perfectly. but then i installed some other program, i think it was cosmopolitan virtual makeover or some crap, and it asked me if i wanted to turn autoplay off, and i did accidently. but i want it back! how do i turn autoplay back on! help!! i'm using win xp professional.
thanks!>

go to my computer, right click on your cd drive and choose properties. Then click on the autoplay tab and set your options for what you want windows to do when differnet types of cds are inserted, or you could just hit the restore defaults button at the bottom of that tab

Do this for every cdrom/cdrw/dvd drive that you have

thanks for your help, i did all that, no changes, nothing happens when i stick in any kind of cd... please help!

you wont believe this but it happened to me too and the cure for it?
i removed both cdrom and cdrw
rebooted and let it read them

things were fine after that
tis as if there were more settings elsewhere disabling it
try it

i unstalled my cdrom, and rebooted, it loaded the drivers and re-installed. but no autoplay sill, what a drag. thanks anyways!!!
-matt:(

You might try this. Get yourself a copy of the XP Powertoys. Use Tweak UI to enable autoplay. I'm not sure if you'll have to reboot for it to take effect or not. Don't even know if it will work, but it's something to try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back