Autoplay not working usually

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey, I never disabled it as far as I know, but Autorun doesn't want to work. Double clicking the CDRom won't bring up anything, opening and closing won't bring up anything. The only way I can access the CDRom drive is if I open / explore the contents and double click the setup file.

What gives?

Have a look here & see if you can enable it>

Click Start , click Run , type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom

-To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero).

-To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.

Restart your computer.

or you could go to 'my computer', then right click the cd-rom drive. click on the 'autoplay' tab and make sure that 'prompt me each time to choose an action' is checked.

Both of those were already set to have autorun enabled, erm, both had the changes that you specified already made to them. Still nothing.

Try Disabling it and apply, then enable it again. It might be like sharing drives. It shows it is a shared drive by default. I have to disable it and enable it again to get to work.

To enable and disable

1) Click Start, Run and enter GPEDIT.MSC

2) Go to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System.

3) Locate the entry for Turn autoplay off and modify it as you desire.

Originally posted by silky62678
To enable and disable

1) Click Start, Run and enter GPEDIT.MSC

2) Go to Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System.

3) Locate the entry for Turn autoplay off and modify it as you desire.
That's if you have XP Pro.

You might try removing in device manager and reinstalling
Good Luck

Neither of those worked.

I do have XP Professional, I did both the Administratively turn off Autoplay, I enabled that and then disabled that, I also uninstalled and reinstalled the CDRom, and so far nothing works.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back