AutoPatcher XP March 2005

L

Lee

:) Thought this would be the best place, thanks to neowin!

AutoPatcher is a comprehensive collection of patches, addons and registry tweaks that give you peace of mind in the knowledge that your Windows system is up to date, even before you connect it to the Internet. It's designed to quickly patch a system with the most current updates and tweaks available, and requires no user interaction once you have selected what to install.

This release is based on the all-new AutoPatcher 5.0. Although it was made with Windows XP SP2 English in mind, it will load on any (English) Windows version, showing only the items which match the running environment.

softicon.gif
Download: English Full Edition | English Lite Edition
softicon.gif
Download: Portuguese Full Edition
viewicon.gif
View: More Information | AutoPatcher Home

File Sizes and MD5 Hashes

English March 2005 Full File Size: 131 MB (137554161 bytes)
English March 2005 Full MD5 Hash: 020EAF19F9080DE762FEEEC42D6E63B6
English March 2005 Lite File Size: 36.5 MB (38329271 bytes)
English March 2005 Lite MD5 Hash: 59A28D31BAE9A89BE94CAF6BAA3F32B2

What's Included:

Windows XP SP2 - Critical Updates
KB834707: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
KB873339: Vulnerability in HyperTerminal could allow code execution
KB873374: Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool
KB885626: Your computer stops responding when you restart to complete the installation of Windows XP SP2
KB885835: Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel and LSASS could allow elevation of privilege
KB885836: A vulnerability in WordPad could allow code execution
KB886185: Windows Firewall "My Network (subnet) only" scoping
KB890175: Vulnerability in HTML Help could allow code execution
KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool
KB867282: Cumulative Security Update for IE for XP Service Pack 2
KB873333: Security Update for Windows XP
KB885250: Security Update for Windows XP
KB886903: Security Update for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1
KB888113: Security Update for Windows XP
KB888302: Security Update for Windows XP
KB890047: Security Update for Windows XP
KB891781: Security Update for Windows XP

Windows XP SP2 - Recommended updates
KB831240: Update for HighMAT support in the Windows XP CD Writing Wizard
KB884020: Loopback IP address range problem
KB885222: Performance of 1394 devices may decrease after you install Windows XP SP2
KB886677: Corrupt DBCS characters in Internet Explorer on Windows XP
KB887742: Stop error "Stop 0x05" in Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003
KB887797: Cumulative Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP
KB888240: Add-ons not listed in Internet Explorer on Windows XP SP2
KB890831: Input Method Editor disabled when using MSN Messenger in Windows XP SP2

Addons
Adaptec ASPI
Bootvis 1.3.37 (only in Full)
Official Windows XP PowerToys
Copy Profile Tool
DirectX Control Panel
Google Toolbar (only in Full)
ieSpellcheck (only in Full)
PowerMenu 1.5.1
Startup Control Panel 2.8
New XP Style Wallpapers (only in Full)
New XP Screensavers (only in Full)
.NET Framework 1.1 (+SP1) (only in Full)
Windows Media Player 10.0.3802 (only in Full)
Windows Journal Viewer 1.5 (only in Full)
MSN Messenger 6.2.0205 (only in Full)
Windows Messenger 5.1 (only in Full)
Macromedia Shockwave Player (only in Full)
Windows Media Connect (only in Full)
Sun Java 1.5.0_02 (only in Full)

And of course a lot of registry tweaks which improve speed, appearance, functionality and security!

Oh man, you just beat me. I just seen this over on neowin and was about to post it right here. This is a great program. I remember when it first came out. It's so much better now! Thanks

Anyone know where you can download this at an even half reasonable speed?

:eek:

AutoPatcher: -

Is this some sort of joke programme, all it’s done on my machine is lock it solid every time I’ve attempted to use it. It supposedly installed without a hitch, but no legal entries in the registry, hence no uninstall option. I will now have to remove it manually, girrrrrr….. CPU overheating now as well, suspect this is a dodgy badly written programme with an incorrect installation routine. Will pull it apart tomorrow and post results.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

dave holbon said:

Is this some sort of joke programme, all it’s done on my machine is lock it solid every time I’ve attempted to use it. It supposedly installed without a hitch, but no legal entries in the registry, hence no uninstall option. I will now have to remove it manually, girrrrrr….. CPU overheating now as well, suspect this is a dodgy badly written programme with an incorrect installation routine. Will pull it apart tomorrow and post results.

AutoPatcher has been arround for a while. I have used it on my machine with 0 problems

That install program is more like an unzip program, no uninstaller. That way it will work burned to CD as well.

downloading it now yay one file. (was installing the jan full and then the feb update) cool beans!

dave holbon said:

Cause its not a program that installs/uninstall's, per say. Its a package for installing a large number of windows updates and other settings, programs and tweaks. As such each of the settings/updates needs to be removed not the whole thing.
Its mainly designed to run on a fresh install of windows so you don't have install loads of updates one by one. I've used it for this purpose on a few occasions and its been fine.

just curious, will the SP2 work on the corporate XP?

of course, it works on any 32 bit version of windows xp

I did a fresh install to day no problems, kinda nice except it makes you log in when windows starts up, but tweak ui fixed that.

Bucky Badger said:
I did a fresh install to day no problems, kinda nice except it makes you log in when windows starts up, but tweak ui fixed that.

You could have done that correction in control panel then accounts.

Never had a problem with tweak xp since it started, this install is better, 7-zip decompression then having to drag n drop got a bit tedious.

Lee said:
You could have done that correction in control panel then accounts.

Never had a problem with tweak xp since it started, this install is better, 7-zip decompression then having to drag n drop got a bit tedious.

I tried that first, Unchecked the box that said "use welcome screen" but that just gave me a different type of log on screen. then I tried to go to "Run- Control UserPasswords2" and unchecked it there, but then I never got beyond the blue "Windows is starting" screen. I guess computers act in strange ways.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back