Autopatcher is no more

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
seems M$ has decided to shutdown autopatcher, for some unknown reason, they and neowin have recieved takedown notices, and if its on here too im sure osnn.net will also recieve one - shame it was useful for when i would go round to a friends house who didnt have the fastest connection in the world and was quicker for autopatcher to do what it did than for me to download loads of updates for xp :(

I never liked AutoPatcher. When I tested it I realized it is installing updates that may not be needed.

I believe this happened because the latest build included the capability to slipstream. I've noticed it's been two months for RyansVM slipstreamable update pack also. Possibly he's been stopped too.

Perhaps WGA has a hand in this? It seems to be MS's new love child and by using Autopatcher your not forced to use it. Anyhoo just my 2cents. :rolleyes:

Yea, great idea, right on the heels of their WGA servers going down and the only way to get updates was to use autopatcher.

What a shame, all the time and effort spent making a great piece of software and along comes micro$oft to spoil a good thing that helps so many geeks. Well done, well done gates.

Last edited:
No. This is the worst news I have heard in a long time... GD! *EXPLITIVE DELETED* Microsoft.

I loved Autopatcher. *sigh*. *EXPLITIVE DELETED*

Last edited:
Slipstreaming is easy. I can provide you with links if you'd like to learn.

I slipstreamed SP2 into a CD, but in order to do all the updates and stuff IIRC was a pain in the ass. vLight may have made it easier by now though, what do you got?

It seems that MS has nothing better to do than take down sites that actually HELP them , in this case it was one of the worst , MS thought oh boy that software bypasses the validation we've gota take em down . YOU IDIOTS YOUR WGA WAS CRACKED in 24 HOURS . GET YOUR S%I% Right -.-

Done venting :) feel much better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back