Autopatcher is no more

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
seems M$ has decided to shutdown autopatcher, for some unknown reason, they and neowin have recieved takedown notices, and if its on here too im sure osnn.net will also recieve one - shame it was useful for when i would go round to a friends house who didnt have the fastest connection in the world and was quicker for autopatcher to do what it did than for me to download loads of updates for xp :(

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I never liked AutoPatcher. When I tested it I realized it is installing updates that may not be needed.

Arniestan1

OSNN Addict
I believe this happened because the latest build included the capability to slipstream. I've noticed it's been two months for RyansVM slipstreamable update pack also. Possibly he's been stopped too.

Xie

- geek -
Perhaps WGA has a hand in this? It seems to be MS's new love child and by using Autopatcher your not forced to use it. Anyhoo just my 2cents. :rolleyes:

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political Access
Yea, great idea, right on the heels of their WGA servers going down and the only way to get updates was to use autopatcher.

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
What a shame, all the time and effort spent making a great piece of software and along comes micro$oft to spoil a good thing that helps so many geeks. Well done, well done gates.

Tarun

https://www.lunarsoft.net
Last edited:

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
No. This is the worst news I have heard in a long time... GD! *EXPLITIVE DELETED* Microsoft.

I loved Autopatcher. *sigh*. *EXPLITIVE DELETED*

Last edited:

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Slipstreaming is easy. I can provide you with links if you'd like to learn.

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I slipstreamed SP2 into a CD, but in order to do all the updates and stuff IIRC was a pain in the ass. vLight may have made it easier by now though, what do you got?

G

gh057

It seems that MS has nothing better to do than take down sites that actually HELP them , in this case it was one of the worst , MS thought oh boy that software bypasses the validation we've gota take em down . YOU IDIOTS YOUR WGA WAS CRACKED in 24 HOURS . GET YOUR S%I% Right -.-

Done venting :) feel much better.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee