• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Automatically re-connect mapped drives?

Hey guys. I have a PC with a 802.11 PCI card. Long story short, when Windows boots, it attempts to mount my mapped drives before my PCI card connects to my network. How can I prevent this? If I can't "re-order" the startup items, how can I automatically repair the connection to the mapped drives once network communications are established?

Thanks!

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Only if you have the shares password protected some how. Otherwise the batch script will create the mappings using your logon credentials.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
I'm sure it is possible to use gpedit.msc to make windows wait until the network has been initialised before logging in.....

gpedit.msc ---> Administrative templates --> System --> Logon
then change the "Always wait for the network at computer startup" to Enabled.

Last edited:

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
When I login with no network connection (either wifi or I haven't enabled my nic yet) the drives simply show as disconnected. When I try to access them and the network is available they connect. I still get the little balloon about not being able to reconnect network drives but I ignore it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown