Automatically Add E-mail Account to Outlook Through Registry

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I stumbled across this on the net while looking for something, and think it may come in handy. I have several e-mail accounts setup through Outlook, and this may save me time on the next re-format just to import the settings. :)

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account Manager\Accounts\user@domain.com]
"DCEmail"=dword:00000002
"POP3 Server"="pop.server.com"
"POP3 Port"=dword:0000006e
"SMTP Server"="smtp.server.com"
"SMTP Port"=dword:00000019
"Connection Type"=dword:00000003
"POP3 User Name"="user@domain.com"
"SMTP Display Name"="user@domain.com"
"SMTP Email Address"="user@domain.com"
"SMTP Reply To Email Address"="user@domain.com"
"SMTP Organization Name"=""
"Account Name"="user@domain.com"
"POP3 Timeout"=dword:0000003c
"SMTP Timeout"=dword:0000003c
"POP3 Secure Connection"=dword:00000000
"Leave Mail On Server"=dword:00000000
"POP3 Skip Account"=dword:00000000
"POP3 Prompt for Password"=dword:00000000
"SMTP User Name"="user@domain.com"
"SMTP Use Sicily"=dword:00000003
"SMTP Secure Connection"=dword:00000000
"SMTP Split Messages"=dword:00000000
"SMTP Prompt for Password"=dword:00000000

Copy and paste this into a .txt document, save it as a .reg file, close outlook, double-click, click Yes to import to registry, bam! All set :)

Last edited:
Thank you! I have to go through this every month because of the Vista CTPs.
This should make things much quicker. :D

(Can't rep at the moment, but will do so when I get a chance)

ahem: "SMTP Email Address"="admin@djrcs.com"

Can't you have outlook backup/restore your mail settings, I could have sworn that it had this feature?

j79zlr said:
Can't you have outlook backup/restore your mail settings, I could have sworn that it had this feature?
The PST file only stores the actual data (mail, calendar events etc.) and any message rules/filters. I've always had to re-create my email accounts even after restoring a backed up PST file. I haven't seen any way to backup/restore those settings.

Now that I think about it, I think if you use the Office Settings Backup tool it restores your mail accounts.

I believe it does.

"Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard"

Luckily you didn't award rep.

Still good information for people with older versions of Office. I think that tool only comes with XP and 2003.

NetRyder said:
It does indeed. One of the reg keys it backs up is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook, which includes the key that Derek mentioned. More info here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826809

Can't believe I never actually tried it. :)

The Office settings backup wizard works very nice. I use it along with the Microsoft Outlook backup utility or sometimes I just go here to manually backup the PST files.
“C/documents and settings/”user name”/local settings/application data/Microsoft/outlook”

Using both of these tools together makes reinstalling Office a snap to get up and running fast.

Microsoft Outlook backup

NetRyder said:
It does indeed. One of the reg keys it backs up is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook, which includes the key that Derek mentioned. More info here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826809

Can't believe I never actually tried it. :)

Good tip there as well. I'll have to look at that, although the registry entry is not version specific ;)

j79zlr said:
ahem: "SMTP Email Address"=user@domain.como

Fixed the typo, sorry.

Man, I just used the Office Settings Backup tool, sweet process :)

Yes, it is quite awesome. Backs up toolbar settings, folder views, signatures, and more.

Chief

does this work with Office 2003 and VISTA as well? I cannot find my existing accountsettings in the VISTA register in the key you mentioned...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back