Automatic shutdown

Y

yupdup

Is there a comand i can put in a batch file, so that when run, it will completely shutdown the computer. If i can get that to work then i guess i couls use the scheduler to set a time when my pc will shut itself down everytime. Thanks

Hmm, there is a thread about that issue here somewhere (searching...) Also there might be a timed shutdown option in your BIOS....

shutdown -s -f

-s = full shutdown
-f = force applications to close

There are a few more switches, if your interested type shutdown on a dos prompt.

I tried that and its shutdown the computer, but it doesn't turn its self off, like when i shutdown the computer manualy it turns itself off. And i checked my bios and nothing. I did see a article that said to have turn off also "Make a shortcut, and use this as the target:

%windir%System32 sshutdn.exe 10 /powerdown /DELAY:01"

but it won't let me put it in the target for a shortcut. something about target directory does not exist. and i am not sure if i can put it in a batch file. Thanks again

in windows 98 i used the following command (make a short cut to)

c:\windows\rundll32.exe user.exe,ExitWindows

(possibly may not need the rundll32.exe bit, try with first)

i havn't tried it on xp, cause i use a program called Hotkeycontrol XP

get it here

you can use it to set hot keys for shutting down and restarting and a bunch of other stuff

I got my computer to shut its self down and power off by using the command "tsshutdn." The full command discripotion and option is listed i nthe help section. However if i have a dialup connection running, it will asks if you want to keep the current connection alive. And will sit there till you answer. So i was wondering if anyone knows a command to close a dial-up connection. Thanks again

well the above program will (not the command, that doesn't apper to work in xp )

or this one

http://www.alexfauland.com/af1.htm

the actual command is
For a shortcut to RESTART Windows XP:
SHUTDOWN -r -t 01

For a shortcut to SHUT DOWN Windows XP:
SHUTDOWN -s -t 01

also at cmd type SHUTDOWN /? for a full list of options, including -f wich forces all to shut down with no warning

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back