Automatic connect in XP ??

G

GameBZz

Is there an option to connect automatic so when I set the shortcut of my dailup (cablemodem) in start it automatic connects and I don't have to click "connect" every time ??

I've searched in the forum but found nothing...

Cya BaZz

hmm you wern't to clear when you posted. are you using dial up or a cable modem? if you are using a cable modem you shouldn't have to connect, as it is a permanent connection.

for my broadband connection I was using RASPPPoE which made PPPoE work as if it was a dialup connection. Then It was compatible with all my old auto-dialing tools etc.

Ok, I've got a Cableconnection but I can use it as a dailup....in windows 98 I had no "tools", there wass just an option "automatic connect" or something ....when I set that on & playsed a shortcut og the connection under start -> startup then he automatic connected when I started :) but now I can't find that option anymore :(

Cya BaZz

[edit] Ok, I fixed the prob, the option was just called else :rolleyes: [/edit]

Cable Modems do not use PPPoE, they are static/DHCP always-on connections. Are you sure you don't have DSL, and not Cable? There is a difference.

JJB6486

ACTUALLY, both cable & DSL can use PPPoE, PPTP or plain ethernet routing as you describe.
Anyway it was just an example.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back