Auto Route 2002 Problem

L

Leevoy

Here goes.

I haven't used auto route 2002 for a couple of months.
I wanted to look for a place to go and visit on the coast of Kent with my mates
to take advantage of this hot weather etc...

I clicked auto route 2002 icon to bring her open and I got the message:

''Alert box'': Your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly.
To correct these settings, run setup again for this application from the location you originally installed it from.

Well I reinstalled. Got same error. Uninstalled it, then reinstalled it and hence same error.

So visited the M$ knowledge pages and found these:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-gb;267851&ln=en-gb

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;255875

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317904

Did all the work throughs they didn't work.

I downloaded a file to clean it up after uninstalling and also a fix called 'Steula' to add when I reinstalled it.

After searching the net ( I reinstalled it and got same error message) I found a reg fix file:

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Works Suite\2002\ame9]
"EULA"=dword:00000001

Which is supposed to tell the application I have accepted the the licence agreement and it still don't work.

I then installed M$ works and noticed it did the same licence agreement. I tried auto route 2002 again same error.

I added to the registry for auto route 2002 this below, as it was same as works agreement acceptance.

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Works Suite\2002\ame9]
"EULA"=dword:00000001
"RegDisplay"=dword:00000001

It still won't work, it is getting right up my nose.

Anyone have any idea on how I can fix this so I don't have to format and start again.

I think it is some software I installed, I installed flash plugin beta, pay pal for frontpage 2002/2000, spy sites, black widow and drive image 7 recently.

Also the usual nvidia card upgrade drivers 4.4.0.3 from M$ site and any recent updates from the update site.

Can anyone help with a way of sorting this out other than a format. I have in 3 years done 2 formats and it takes me 3 days to get my system back to before a format.

'''''Help please''''

Well I spent all of my time thinking, watching two pints of lager and a packet of crisps on bbc3 and (not going to tell what happened in it that made me realise the solution) but I got it sorted.

So moderator could you close this 'thread' thanks. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back