Auto Connect to internet with ADSL

Swi

gningnegneur
I've ask this question once but i can't find any working answer so i'm risking it again.

I want my internet connection to start automaticaly when i boot.
What i tried:
Startup menu = failed
Task Scheduler = failed
Make it connect through MSN Messenger or ICQ = Failed

I have Norton Internet Security installed and my connection is not firewalled. It is an ADSL connection which is installed as a dialup connection.

any suggestion?

Internet Options - Connection Tab
Put a tick in "Always Dial My Default Connection"
(of course, you need to have a connectoid for your DSL)

Then put something (the connectoid, MSIE, email program, anything that needs a connection) in your startup folder.

the tick is already there and messenger does not start the connection... i'll give a try to outlook but i think i already tried it...

hmmmmmmm - and putting the connectoid in your startup folder doesn't work?

nop, that's the first thing i tried...
i'm pretty sure my forewall (norton) block something because i can connect only a few seconds after i'm logged in.

How about writing a small batch file that calls rasdial and putting that in your startup folder, e.g.

rasdial <myconnection>

See here for more details

you got it bob! rasdial autoconnect when placed in my startup menu... the weird unexplained delay is still there but it waits for it to be passed and then dial the connection.

Thanks!

it keeps sayin invaild user/pass on this domain?? any ideas:mad:

did you use the syntax
rasdial name_of_your_connection username password

?

I remember when i was with aol and to get on line i had to dial the numbers and hurried to finish whatever i had to do so i could free the phone line because i had one phone line.
Well I got cable modem more than one year ago and since then my computer has been connected to the internet. It's always on

yer included all info including phone number and where the phonebook is

adsl should be almost same as cable... dunno why you would have to connect all the time... of course I have never USED adsl... so I would not know..

the modem is connected to my computer via a network card so it's not like with an usb cable, i must connect to it via a shortcut

You may also need to specify the domain by using

/domain:domain

I though you had to check "dial whenever a network connection is not present" to get it to dial out?!?

just get a router, and set it up. Works great. The router stores username, password, DNS servers etc..
It's costly but works a treat. I have it and never have to connect or anything. Router works with Cable and DSL.
One sure way to get it to stay on all the time.
BB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back