Auto Accidents - USA Only

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
You have to love lawyers. I'm filling out a claim against a class action lawsuit filed against my insurance company for an accident over 5 years ago.

Seems I have some money coming for an intentionally inadequate claim settlement.

The moral of this post is KEEP YOUR RECORDS for all accidents, insurance claims, retail disputes etc. The courts do actually catch up with this stuff. BUT you have to have records of what happened. VIN, date of accident, policy number of insurance in effect, etc.

I got lucky. I normally shred this stuff after 5 years but I was lazy last January and did not do it.

What has this to do with a Computer web site?

The US DOJ is currently investigating Nvidia and ATI for price fixing in the video card market. Hang onto the info for any video card you bought in the last few years. The class action settlements may be cash or in the case of the LINKSYS suit, discounts on future purchases.

This is the third class action lawsuit I've gotten a settlement letter for. One of them was for something I did not remember ever having owned. Got $150 on that one...

Meanwhile my insurance adjuster has taken his sweet time going to look at my car since it's been in the shop.

Pending Underwriter for over a week now :(

My Car got totaled out check should be in the mail. the injury side is delayed until im done with physical therapy.

Well I got an initial check almost instantly. Problem is the appraiser didn't know jack **** - so he was WAY under (only sent about 2k).

So as of about a week ago, they "tore the car down" and are now waiting for the appraiser to come back.

If they total it I'll be ****ing pissed!

And thus the reason for the class action lawsuit. You can't get a second opinion from another insurance adjuster.

PS That waiting for the adjuster sucks. They jerked me around for 2 weeks. Many companies allow the "reputable shops" to do their own appraisal and accept it. Farmers has to use their own crooked, low ball adjusters.

And thus the reason for the class action lawsuit. You can't get a second opinion from another insurance adjuster.

PS That waiting for the adjuster sucks. They jerked me around for 2 weeks. Many companies allow the "reputable shops" to do their own appraisal and accept it. Farmers has to use their own crooked, low ball adjusters.

Allstate let me use the primary dealership do the adjustment thats why i got a higher price. The only reason i took it there was because i was pretty sure it was gona be totaled out anyways and i knew they would appraise high.

Tell Edgar I said hi! And remember - there is no fee unless he gets money for you ...

Finally got things squared away yesterday - at least logistically. Repairs came to about $6,500, a little more than triple what they estimated. I should have it back by Friday, but good chance of it running into next week which would be like Tuesday/Wednesday b/c of the holidays.

I miss my civic :(

This happened to a friend, a lady hit his new truck, less than 1,000 miles new.

The insurance company would only pay for it to be bondo filled and painting the panel.

I got hit and had a shop do the quote to repair it, then they sent out a insurance adjuster, I walked out and informed her that it was already done, but they thought it was too expensive and wanted to look themselves. I informed her that she had thirty seconds to remover herself from our business property before I ran over her car with a machine and called the cops for trespassing.

They paid.

Meanwhile my insurance adjuster has taken his sweet time going to look at my car since it's been in the shop.

Pending Underwriter for over a week now :(

Really?

I got slammed into the back by a truck with those huge metal grills on the front (that should be illegal, but this is texas) and he had all-state. Very next day, claim's adjuster came out, checked the car and cut me a check. I love all-state :)

It is the holiday season but dude, you need to get on that guy to get a move on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back