August 2008 Desktop Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
My desktop for August...
Went to see the new Batman, and I was blown away by the performance of Heath Ledger.
I thought all the talk about his performance was because he died a tragic death..but let me tell you, he did GREAT!
This is my tribute to the late Heath Ledger, may you rest in peace!
thumb-33744.png

Full view

XP for me and Suse 11.0 w/ KDE4

Attachments

• sshot-2.jpg
    sshot-2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 145
  • snapshot2.jpeg
    snapshot2.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
My Laptop DT for the month.

touch it, you know you wanna

Yeah but the colors look sooooo niiiiiice. :D

Back on Vista for good. Not going back to XP no matter how nice a VS looks!
Usual stuff here, default aero, wall from deviantart, and cd art display.
thumb-33767.png

full view

where to start my friend.....?
a lot of small goodies like when renaming a file, it automatic marks just the filename, not the extension like .avi, .zip etc. (i have turned on show extensions for known filenames)
Many more little things like that that i have become used to. Also the look by default is awesome. dont need much modding etc to make it drool from my mouth lol.
The startmenu search feature is something i cant live without.
Yeah I know there are apps that do similar function in xp, but I like my system as clean as possible with minimal apps running in the background.
and as a matter of fact, my system actually works better and are more responsive than xp ever was.
Windows mail has by default a spam filter, so again, no need for extra apps to do that.
The native defragger is more than good enough in vista, so there again, no need for other derfraggers.
last but not least, i have 4gig ram and xp only see 3 of them. i have tried xp 64 bit but there are so many apps that is not compatible with it..like wlm.
so...vista 64 bit is THE way to go!

BTW, did ya like my desk? lol

One more thing..eventhough I dont play much games on windows(i have a 360 that i use with joy) the newer games plays much better in vista contra xp.

yes your desktop was good

/me reckons gonaads should have been in the Mojave experiment :D

*runs* :p

Woot! Vista all the way ! :)

I agree that it is better than XP.

Oh, here is my desktop for August.

Details:
VS: NV2
Wall: Falls
cdART display - NV2 (modded by me)
Normal: Winamp, Objectdock, etc...

Click image to see full size ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back