Audiosurf

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
New game coming to Steam where you can use your own music to play.

Ride your music.
Audiosurf is a music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience. The shape, the speed, and the mood of each ride is determined by the song you choose. You earn points for clustering together blocks of the same color on the highway, and compete with others on the internet for the high score on your favorite songs.

Audiosurf on Steam includes The Orange Box soundtrack, integrated with the game to enable"Still Alive"surfing and more. In addition, Audiosurf is one of the first titles to leverage the recently announced Steamworks, offering full support for the Steam Achievements that appear on Steam Community profile pages.

- Play with any music from your own collection--the game supports MP3s, iTunes M4As, WMAs, CDs and OGGs
- Valve's The Orange Box Original Soundtrack is included.
- Online scoreboards for each song you play.
- Choose your strategy from 14 available characters.
- Track your progress as Steam Achievements.
Site

Here is one video that starts slow but gets harder and more colorful as the music changes.
There are other videos and trailers on the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH8iTd87GhU

Which is all fine and dandy until you use something like DRI or the minutemen and have an entire song in 47 seconds.

I was just looking at it in Steam, wasn't sure it was something i'd play.

This is a lot like one of the arcadish PS3 games available. It's fun and trippy if you're a little wasted or something. Otherwise, it's still entertaining but gets old and annoying.

Is it hard? I always found the music type games were always hard and that is why I never wanted to play. What exactly do you do. I want to get it, cause I love things under $20, under $10. Makes me feel good lol

Should I get it?

but Steam has 10% off before the 15th lol

I will wait and test it out

*well I felt like getting the deal and paid for it, i was reading stuff about it and it does not seem like what I hate, so all good. And if I do hate it, it was 9 bucks lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played it today, since it was when it came out lol.

Amazingly fun, I didn't know I was going to be able to add my own songs to it. So fun, and pretty cool looking as well!

Everyone should try it..

Had a go, turns out I had the best score ever for **** Up Beats by the Chemical Brothers, also the only but I still win.

I thought that about many songs, then I get emailed YOU FAIL lol

but I am number 1 again for An Ocean Between Us By As I Lay Dying.... YEAHH!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back