AudioScrobbler

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Some of you may have heard about AudioScrobbler
Audioscrobbler builds a profile of your musical taste using a plugin for your media player (Winamp, iTunes, XMMS etc..). Plugins send the name of every song you play to the Audioscrobbler server, which updates your musical profile with the new song. Every person with a plugin has their own page on this site which shows their listening statistics. The system automatically matches you to people with a similar music taste, and generates personalised recommendations.

There are plugins for the following media players
Winamp
Windows Media Player 9
iTunes (Windows)
iTunes (Mac)
foobar2000
XMMS/Beep Media Player
QCD
AmaroK
Rhythmbox
J. River Media Center
SlimScrobbler
AmiScrobbler (MorphOS)

So go ahead and join up, then join the OSNN AudioScrobbler Group

I've been using it for some time, it's a pretty neat way to track the number of different artists you listen to, or your favourite track overall :)

Looks like they have a proper application for OS X instead of that awful apple script that used to keep timing out and hanging iTunes, heh. I'm joined into the OSNN group :)

May it be noted that the WinAmp plug-in doesn't work on versions prior to 2.91. I've been using 2.81 for forever and a day (hate all the bloat they added in the versions afterward) and have been forced to wander over to http://oldversion.com and snag up the last in the 2.x series. :cry:

Weasel said:
May it be noted that the WinAmp plug-in doesn't work on versions prior to 2.91. I've been using 2.81 for forever and a day (hate all the bloat they added in the versions afterward) and have been forced to wander over to http://oldversion.com and snag up the last in the 2.x series. :cry:
Use iTunes?

*runs away*

SPeedY_B said:
Use iTunes?

*runs away*
I'd gladly use iTunes if it weren't so chunky on the windows platform with "a lot" of songs (my collection is close to 27gigs) and it's pickyness with ID3 tags being set. For some reason it's just easier to use on OS-X. That and I'm kinda' tempermental about programs that aren't web browsers, ircN, games taking up a substantial amount of desktop space. :)

SPeedY_B said:
Use iTunes?

*runs away*
I just installed iTunes on my desktop machine so that I can share my music collection on it with my iBook :D
I do have a fair bit of music with incomplete tags though. Need to do something about that.

also if you are listening to shared music through iTunes on mac then you will need to edit part of your iScrobbler to make it count and submit those tracks

Edit it? Bit odd...

I'm only using it on my PowerMac at the moment, so there won't be any shared stuff :)

Is there a way to get a complete list of all the tracks I or other people have listened to?

"the connection was refused while trying to contact www.audioscrobber.com"

WTF??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back