Audiogalaxy / Morpheus

J

Javakhanzz

DOes anyone know of any compatability issues with any of the above programs.

Morpheus and Audiogalaxy

I'm running both on XP Home Edition with no problems. Both the latest versions work just fine.:D

Same problem

I have the same problem...

The program starts and then shuts downs..

Comptability issue!?

weird!

You guys that run those file sharing programs(this is for the people that care about it) should be careful of the trojans that some of them come with the programs. ClickTilluWin has been installed in a few of them. It installs dlder.exe and whatever else. Here's a link to read: GRC

GRC... Steve seems to take things to the extreme... However virus scanning the files won't be a bad idea... I dl'd a virus masked as an mp3... That was very easy to catch though...

As a side note Morpheus and Kazaa are getting a lot of add ons... Grokster is still "pure" for now, that's what I use...

krom is correct. I had the dlder.exe trojan packaged with kazaa. I am not smart enough to understand all the implications of this trojan, but the explore/explorer.exe file (hidden) that it sets up is not so easy to get out, at least is was not for me.
I have since installed zone alarm pro and I am amazed at the number of sites trying to "hit" my computer!!!
Servers and providers I have never heard of.
Once again, my lack of knowledge of these trojans is tremendous, but I am certainly more cautious than I was 3 days ago.
FYI, the trojan was called spin tilluwin. (this may not be the exact spelling_.
By the way, how does one "complain" about something like this?

Actually I think Grokster is in a list of things to look out for.

- Bearshare 2.4.0 Beta 7
- LimeWire 2.02
- Kazaa (unspecified versions)
- Grokster 1.33
- Net2Phone (unspecified versions)
- BonziBUDDY (unspecified versions)

and who knows what else.

Oh... don't tell me that... What am I to look out for?!?

they all come with ClickTilUWin, and that contains a trojan...

miseryq, run nortons or go online to housecall and run their virus scan. That is how I found the didler trojan in my system.
Nortons got rid of the trojan, but a hidden folder named explorer.exe was a bit more difficult.

Ps- how and to whom do you complain about the spreading of a trojan. I take it that it is intentionally added to kazaa. Is the only recourse simply not to use kazaa?

Checked out clean... Houscall did pick up some pranks I have and a virus test file, eicar, that PC-cillin didn't... Figure that one out...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back