Audio Problem

H

hohner

I have a small but annoying problem regarding my audio. If I am playing a mp3 or other audible media through windows media player (or any other player) and another program creates a sound in the background I get a static kind of scratchy sound.
I have all the latest sound drivers, as far as I know.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

U using the creative drivers or the junky MS XP drivers from update? I got the same card with no problems here, using the creative drivers.

also what programs u using that create the scratchy sound? what kind of mouse u using (i've heard about usb mouse creating scratchy sound).

let us know
:D

The driver I am using is one from Creative..... 3509.2.0.0
The main program I find is causing the scratchy static noise is windows msn messenger. Like if I am playing a mp3 and someone messages me.
And the mouse I am using (and keyboard) are cordless Logitech itouch.
I'll have another look at Creative, see if there's a newer driver out.

I used to have the same problem

I had the same problem before with a AC Audio '97 built in sound card. I'm listening to music, and someone IM's me on AIM, I get static. It sucked! I tried everything... changing bios.... drivers..... nothing worked. So I just got a 15$ dollar PCI sound card that works perfect now, and the built in one I turned off in the BIOS.

I'm pretty sure I have disabled AC Audio in bios, thanks for the tip though - I will double check.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back