Audio Popping Annoying!

ok I haven't gotten around to this yet been really busy on the pc no time to worry about audio popping or a stupid virus- I'll do it sometime this weekend and let you all know how it goes.

blinden said:
I had a problem like this with a SB Live!, turned out it was a bum raid driver in Windows XP and I had to revert to a win2k driver for the raid, strange huh? it seems as though it could be anything... you don't happen to have onboard raid do you?

Intruiging, I have the exact same problem When one of my drives starts cranking away, or if I to heavy transfering across my network to my server, I get interferance w/ my SB Live! .

Piece of crap :confused:

I just booted off the Norton System Works 2004 disc and it told me to type navdx /? for help and then I found in the help navdx /dothemall which scans all files for viruses and it came back nothing- I have scanned for this virus 3 times after 2 updates to the anti-virus definitions.

Right now I'm in windows safe-mode trying to find out how to un-install the sound blaster audigy gamer card so I went to the device manager and un-installed the creative sb audigy I played a video and there was no sound as expected after a reboot. Am I ready to reboot into windows and install the sb audigy from the creative disc?

Okay I finally got rid of the viruses (I hope) and switched from nsw2004 to avg free edition. After I updated my sound drivers as I was instructed I tried out Freelancer again- the game I use for my benchmark -I don't seem to hear much popping yet but I'll give it another week of testing but I do hear things differently - like everything sounds echoed- when I installed the creative software I chose to only install the drivers not all that fancy software with fancy settings. Is there a reason why everything sounds echoed? Also in Freelancer Options > Audio I noticed a 3D Audio check box that was grayed out before I updated the sound blaster audigy drivers- any ideas?

well it seems u have the eax on. so what u need to do is turn it off in creative audio hq, in eax control panel then check in the game and see if it is turned on in there too if it is and turn it off aswell..

Chase the problem here is I never installed all the creative crap I only installed the drivers so EAX should not automatically be turned on- must have been from 1 of those driver update files. Now to get the AudioHQ do I have to un-install the sound card drivers and re-install them again?

By the way- I still hear the popping.

To solve the popping, you are gonna have to move the card to a PCI slot that is not shared.

go to your volume control on your taskbar and make sure the wave/mp3 volume is only half-way and your treble is at half if the treble is to high u will get cracking or poping and u can also try dreamliner77's solution which does work as for the drivers looks like u might have to do it all over again.. :rolleyes:

Okay so I have to go back into safe mode un-install the drivers then boot into windows install the drivers from the creative disc reboot- update the drivers reboot- then run the webupdate creative app and after thats finished reboot again- correct?

Also this time I need to let the creative disc install all that junk on my pc?

you are making this harder than it has to be

1) move card to a pci slot that is not sharing an IRQ
2) Install drivers from cd.
3) If you have problems, then you can update.

Dreamliner I know nothing about IRQ's or even how to check if its sharing an IRQ with another hardware device- The sound card is already as far as it can be from the video card (very bottom pci slot). To know if its sharing an IRQ with another device I need to know what IRQ's are being used by what devices and exactly where to find all that information. Switchting the PCI slot will automatically change the IRQ? Why can't I just assign it its own IRQ in windows without moving cards around?

ok try this . i had the same problem as you for a while and all it was the power button on the speakers wasn't connecting properly . So try giving it a good hard press off and on a few times.

SIRE-

easiest to check IRQ's with SiSoft Sandra or Aida32. You uses to be able to assign IRQ's before XP. Actually you still can if you change your pc to a "standard pc" as opposed to "acpi compliant".

SiSoftSandra told me the Hardware IRQ Settings module wasn't available, and that I needed to upgrade- I'm looking for Aida32 now- Altec Lansing speakers and the power button is on the back of the right speaker.

System Info | AIDA32 - Personal System Information 3.93
Author: Tamas Miklos
Date: 2004-02-23
Size: 2.9 Mb
License: Freeware
Requires: Win All
Downloaded: 48341 Times
Download Sites:
BTN
MajorGeeks
Planet Mirror Link not working !

Report A Bad Link

AIDA32 is a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking program running on Win32 platforms. It extracts details of all components of the PC. It can display information on the screen, print it, or save it to file in various formats like HTML, CSV or XML. For corporate users, AIDA32 offers command-line switches, network audit and audit statistics, remote system information and network management.

Starting with version 3.00, AIDA32 is released in 3 different variants, Enterprise, Personal and network.

Source: majorgeeks

Ok I was just playing Freelancer just now and an extremely loud screeching that sounds like static came in then went away then came back then I was greeted with an extremely loud hurtful to the ears ringing I'm going to try to record it and post it up for all to hear.

Ok I just tried to record it and I don't think it worked - but then I quit Teamspeak and the extremely loud ring went away...

Attachments

• audigy-gamer-ring.rar
    9.9 KB · Views: 51
I switched the sound card pci slots and I still here slight popping from time to time -but haven't heard the loud screech of death yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back