Audio extraction from avi

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
I just got my hands on an AVI file that I want to extract the audio from it. I found this thread here http://www.osnn.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1339 but I dont have that adobe software, Its a rather long video file so demo software wont work. Any help would be great :D

no go, says there was a read error :(. Thanks for the link though ;)

is the read error related to it being a trial, or possible something wrong with the file itself?

nope, plays just fine...watching it now...but its standup and I would rather just listen than watch :D

698 :D I want to put it on my zen micro ;)

EDIT about your edit, I found plenty of software, but I never know what I can trust so I was wondering what everybody here has used and had good luck with

Last edited:
Here is what I do. Load up VirtualDub (freeware), Load the AVI, Under the Audio menu select Full Processing Mode and than under the File menu selece Save As Wav. Select a file name and destination and you're set.

turns out the movie file was encoded with xvid, and virtualdub didnt like that, so I guess I can just wait for some smart and clever person to post the audio file on a bittorrent site :D

zeke_mo said:
turns out the movie file was encoded with xvid, and virtualdub didnt like that, so I guess I can just wait for some smart and clever person to post the audio file on a bittorrent site :D
Well, you can still use the Audacity method then...

umm.. get nandub, (www.doom9.org) it comes withthe gk codec/rip pack. you can save the audio into a .wav file, my friend did a few Music Video's of his and i chopped the audio that way. (the save .wav is under file -> save .wav option)

EDIT::
I tried to convert the .wav with some of those crappy 1 click things and they didn't work so just use creatives and its fine. Hope this helped out :)

Last edited:
You mean you're avi is an xvid or the audio was xvid. I've never heard of xvid audio, usually its xvid video and lame mp3 audio. In that case vdub works fine for me. Not sure what would be causing that... you do have xvid installed right?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back