Audigy & XP don`t work for me!

J

JoeDandra

My Audigy works perfect on ME,but on XP it makes a high pitch sound and locks up.
I`ve tried everything:
change the card to another PCI slot
update the MOBO drivers
update BIOS
change ACPI to Standard PC
even a Latency Patch that was released to solve this problem.
The latest creative drivers dìdn`t fix the problem and Creative support didn`t tell me more than"check for future driver updates at.....blah blah"
And Halion didn`t recognize my cdrom(even after ASPI upgrade).

Any ideas?
IBM Pentium III 800
MOBO intel
256RAM
Audigy platinum

wow, im glad I read this. I was seriously going to go oout and purchase this card today. But i will hold off now.

I have had zero problems with my Audigy MP3 card. In fact,
it performs better than I had hoped.

bmxjt: I wouldn't wait... go buy it.

JoeDandra: I wish I could tell you why it isn't working for you.

Abit TH7-II
P4-1.5
512MB RDRAM
ATI Radeon 7200
SB Audigy MP3
XP-PRO

Are you sure it is your Audigy? There has been a prob with Radeon drivers. I have had mine lock up on a daily basis with a high pitch screeching loop whenever playing a game like Quake III or watching a DVD. From other posts I've seen, it is the video card driver that is the prob. BTW, new driver is out at www.ati.com if that is what you have.

I`m pretty shure it`s the Audigy card.
There`s a lot of people out there having the same problem with XP & Audigy,and i found an article where Creative Labs recognize this issue and they say that they don`t know why some people don`t have this problem and others do.
But your suggestion it`s quite razonable,and i didn`t think about it...the video card drivers!
I`m gonna try this drivers and i`ll let you know.

No Problems

I have audigy with latest updates and no problems. It just might be a conflict with another program are other drivers in xp that is causing this issue..

sheese.

My Audigy works perfect on ME,but on XP it makes a high pitch sound and locks up.
I`ve tried everything:
change the card to another PCI slot
update the MOBO drivers
update BIOS
change ACPI to Standard PC
even a Latency Patch that was released to solve this problem.
The latest creative drivers dìdn`t fix the problem and Creative support didn`t tell me more than"check for future driver updates at.....blah blah"
And Halion didn`t recognize my cdrom(even after ASPI upgrade).

Any ideas?

here is this guys problem, you changed from acpi, to standard
i bet you were in standard when you tried to update the audigy too. u gonna have serious probs now... you need to get back into acpi mode and reinstall the audigy.but u will most likely have to repair you install, im gathering you have via chipset since you installed the pci latency patch, but did you install the latest via 4 in drivers version 4.37? there is a new halion out, it might help those issues out...does this high pitch sound come from ur asio drivers? cause the emu101k work great..... as for the rest of the asio, they seem to run better if you run em in win 2000 compatibility mode. also i hate to say it but the audigy and thos music apps even playcenter, can use lots o memory. specially if you have realtime effects and such goin. u could use more memory , but thats not the problem.

any way could you clarify what app u were using when the high pitch came and locked it up, cause theres host apps and even playcenter will crash. :eek:

i forgot to mention

that addon game port/ midi port could be causing shit, it just quit on me one day, i dont need it though, i bought a usb gravis, any one using the old gravis, with the serial port or whateva, this doesnot do well in xp, usb gravis is flawless..i have a drive to play midi thru, i solved some bugs when i ditched the gravis drivers. you dont need em for usp. i just know its buggy as hell.

Hey buddy.
Did you purchase the XP driver online? The driver that comes with the card stops during the install. I had those problems too, until I bought the XP driver for like 4 $.

It sucks, but I haven't had a problem since. :)

Sune

I have exaclty the same problems with xp and a soundblaster live platinum. I'm considering reverting to my onboard sound, but then i won't have my nice optical/digital outputs :(

I have problem where when using WinAMP I get squeaks and pops from the speakers, but when I use PlayCenter all is fine, why is this can anyone explain.

bloody audigy

I cant even get my drivers to load properly on reboot it keeps aking for them again no matter what I try I'm getting a bit fed up now . I know the card alright because I've dual booted win98/xp and its fine in 98.
Any suggestions ( In laymans terms please) most welcome.

;) cheers for that zip im sure it will come in handy,
I managed to get my drivers to load properly in the end by removing all traces of audigy & uninstalling my leadteck gf4 video drivers, then I booted from my xp disk and perfomed a repair of the operating system (not asr) . When I rebooted I tried loading in the audigy drivers again and hey presto it all worked fine.
It's just a shame I ordered a new driver disk from creative which turned up at my door within three days as it only cost £2.34 including postage & package and judjing by the part no. It has at least got the updates built in to it, I dare'nt use it though in case It all goes tit's up again

Have you checked to see if you have an integrated sound card in your motherboard? I have an Audigy Gamer card running on XP home and love the brilliant sound quality of this card.

I have an MSI -6380 board with integrated audio which I had to disable first in bios. The card sounds great with my logitech z-560's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back