Audigy Problem

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I have a sound blaster Audigy with an Optical Digital I/O card that i just got. I have the optical cable running from SPDIF out, to SPDIF in on my reciever. In the AudioHQ (in control panel) i have the Digital Output Sampling Rate at 48KHz (was 96KHz, but was too hight for the optical cable i think). Here is where the main problem is, under the speaker option (where you can test all your speakers with front right, center, front left... etc.) When i run that i can only hear front right and front left. Why? i have no idea what i am doing wrong. is there a certian driver i need to install? the speakers are the S4 MidiLand 7100 Plus. Thanks for any help.

talkin about this program, right?
mixer.txt

well, make sure you have the right speakers selected, of course... 5 or 5.1 in your case. what happens when you select, say, 4 speakers? does the sound still just come out of the front 2?

also, what happens if you use the analog connections... can you get all 5 to work?

the picture did not come up so i am not sure what you are talking about. when i do select 2 speakers it works on the same front right and front left. if i select 4, same thing front right and frong left. i really have no idea why this is. audigy driver problem maybe? but then wouldn't audio be messed up?

i have a PCI128 with a coaxial digital cable hook up and as far as i know you can't get 4, 5 or 5.1 with it, only DTS or DD sound out.

for multi speaker you need analog outputs,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back