Audigy 2 ZS and...

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
... and ALTEC LANSING 251 ( 5.1 speakers system), will they work together ? I mean, will these speakers receive DTS / THX / AC3 signal from the Audigy 2 ZS ? Or will they only be able to handle Dolby Prologic and Dolby Prologic II ?
Last question, where the speakers wire will fit in, or where could they be plugged in ? Only in one place or not ?

Thank you all in advance ! ;)

Thank you EP, could you be more precise ? I plan to buy these speakers, but I'm afraid I won't be able to plug them in the Spdif plug, or no sound will come out of them...
Put another way, do we really need a more expensive set of speakers to benefit from DD/AC3/THX ? Are there really special wires in this respect, analog versus digital ?

Thank you EP and any other one for you explanations ! ;)

Well here is my setup, unfortunatly I tired of computer speakers a long time ago. But I guess my last post was pretty damn vague - its cos I was too tired to do this! :)

Your Audigy 2 (ZS) has 4 outputs. 1 digital, which can send out the dts signal, dolby etc. if you need it, or even want it. The other 3 analog channels cope very nicely.

http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=798,E=0000000000026253817,K=9816,Sxi=0,Case=obj(16379),Kb=Creative

Check that out to see if it has the needed bits.

I actually have all my outputs going into a reciever and it is dealt with there, but as long as the soundblaster software knows that you want 5.1 for example then there should be no issues as long as Altec Lansing speakers have mutliple connections.

Inspire 6.1 6700

Howling, why use different make speakers from your sound card? I have
Audigy 2 ZS and use Creative Inspire 6.1 6700 and they sound awsome!
for £52, I did'nt expect much at that price, but believe me they're great.

Its seems pretty obvious that a 'Creative sound card' is going to sound better using 'Creative speakers', why go for anything else!

Ezergeezer said:
Howling, why use different make speakers from your sound card? I have
Audigy 2 ZS and use Creative Inspire 6.1 6700 and they sound awsome!
for £52, I did'nt expect much at that price, but believe me they're great.

Its seems pretty obvious that a 'Creative sound card' is going to sound better using 'Creative speakers', why go for anything else!

That logic is quite flawed. For instance, it is fairly well accepted that Klipsch makes the best pc speakers (with logitech close behind). You don't see either of those brands making soundcards, do you? Also, the higher end creative speaker are "decent" They are essentially Cambridge Soundworks. Creative bought Cambridge soundworks a few years ago (Arghhhh!)

Subsidiary question, what will happen if I buy the Creative DDTS-100 decoder and use it with the speakers I already have with my JBL ESC200 Dolby Prologic amplifier ? Why am I asking ? The DDTS-100 is not an amplifier and the 5.1 speakers I already have are not active (auto amplified) ones... Is the sound card (Audigy 2 ZS) able to amplify the sound at the output ?
Thanx again for your explanations ! ;)

Flawed

I'm confused Dreamliner, you say flawed, who cares who makes the best speakers, Howling did'nt mention Klipsch or Logitech anyway. I'm giving
a personal opinion of the speakers that I use with the same sound card
as Howling.
I've been a musician some 30 years and listened to hundreds
of different speaker set ups! For that sound card and those speakers and
that price, they are again AWESOME!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back