• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Audigy 2 Volume Problems...

roboots21

OSNN One Post Wonder
I am having trouble with my Audigy 2. The other day, I installed a 512mb chip of crucial ram into my computer, (PC2100). At that time I had an Audigy in my computer. After I installed the ram, I had no sound. The only way I could hear the sound was to turn the speaker and windows volume all the way up. Even then it sounded very distorted and weak. So I took the ram out, and tried again, still nothing. So i figured the sound card was bad. I took an SB Live out of an old computer, and it worked fine, volume was good and everything. So I bought the audigy 2, and installed that, the sound is a little better, but still very quiet with the sound turned all the way up, but louder than the audigy. I have tried several different PCI slots, reinstalled drivers many times, reset BIOS, and everything else that I can think of to no avail. I have even tried a reformat and fresh install, and still nothing. The sound is ok, but the volume level is just extremely low. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out. Comp specs are Athlon 1800+, Abit KR7A-133RAID, 1GB Crucial DDR (PC2100) RAM, Maxtor 30 GB hard drive, Nvidia Geforce 4400, and thats about it. Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix