Audigy 2 and Audigy gamer - whats the difference?

X

XP Abuser

i was looking at the audigy audio cards and (BTW i have an audigy 2) there is a gamer version could someone care to point out the diferences between the two. ive looked and cant find a thing is there different processors or just software what?

anyone???:cool:

hey matey. its good to be back and involved! ive been away for 3 months or so travelling!!!

my understanding of the differences are simply the software that comes bundled with it.

you get the same card, and its only the software or a bundled 'live drive' that differentiates between the products.

does that help?

:happy:

jeremy

yeh alright mate good to see some more veterans returning

yeh i suspected it was just software ok cheers man:cool:

out if intrest what is the price diference?:cool:

$129.99 for the audigy 2
$99.99 for the audigy gamer:huh:

you do the conversion henyman

but how do they justify the price difference like that:confused:

i suspected there would be a price diference beetween them, there always seems 2 be a great price diference for the same/very similar product.

yeh and its the bloody same board

just an extra piece of software

audigy 2 = more range... sound effects...

audigy gamer is first gen audigy.. and if you are getting it for 99 dollars... that seems a bit steep... online you can get it for around 70-80 bucks..

audigy 2 = better deal and is also 6.1 channel ready vs 5.1 channel ready for audigy gamer...

what a nice price for the Audigy gamer:) I'll get one then.Ithought it costs $300:D

oh rite so its not the same gen as audigy 2:eek: ahhhhhhh

yeah... "audigy gamer" = audigy 1 card... not 2

or else it would be called the "audigy 2 gamer". :blink:

Sazar is exactly right.
I've had a audigy gamer and i have a audigy 2 now.
The only good thing about the gamer was that i got
deus ex game of the year edition bundled with it.
Still have it, super game.

Laterz

Yngwie II

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back