ATX standards...

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
I'm looking into building my own unique case (don't ask, I want to post pictures when done) and I'd like to make it to allow upgrades. So, I'm looking for a place that lists the ATX standards for mobos, PS, etc. Things like standard mounting standoff locations, max sizes for mobos/PS, and such. Anyone know where I can get this info? I could simply measure my mobo, but I know there may be bigger/smaller ones, plus I've installed 4 different mobos in my case and none seem to use the exact mounting holes as the previous one (and 3 of those were made by the same company!).

TIA...

Thanks!

Actually that does help.

However, after thinking about it, it would be easier to simply get a cheap case and use only certain parts, such as mobo tray, CD rack, etc.

thing to watch out for :)

cheap case == cheap components == flimsy mobo tray and racks etc...

I just built a system for my friends brother in a flimsy case... it was NO fun whatsoever...

Sazar said:
thing to watch out for :)

cheap case == cheap components == flimsy mobo tray and racks etc...

I just built a system for my friends brother in a flimsy case... it was NO fun whatsoever...

I guess I should rephrase that then. What I meant was a case that has decent parts, but not nice looking. Doesn't matter if it's pink with purple polka-dots since I'll be cannibalizing certain parts. I'm actually looking for an older case with a steel mobo tray. The kids are using an old Gateway case which would be perfect. Maybe I'll just put their parts in my Lian-li and take their case. Probably the only 4-10year olds that'll have a Lian-li! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back