ATI9800pro

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
is the 9800 pro out for sale yet or is it still being produced??? and if it is out for sale does anyone know any canadian sites that sell it?

LOL canada sucks for Tax.

my 9800 pro cost half that in the UK.

Originally posted by canadian_divx
is the 9800 pro out for sale yet or is it still being produced??? and if it is out for sale does anyone know any canadian sites that sell it?

its on sale...

both the regular 9800pro 128mb and the 9800pro 256mb DDR II boards are retailing...

currently the fastest dx9 video cards on the market..

Originally posted by canadian_divx
ok thnaks for in information

I just find it interesting that you are buying canadian :D

yeah but the 9800 por 256mb Has the same performance as the 128mb version, It rarely beats it.

No point in going for the More expensive 256mb version when the 128mb performs the same now is it.

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
yeah but the 9800 por 256mb Has the same performance as the 128mb version, It rarely beats it.

No point in going for the More expensive 256mb version when the 128mb performs the same now is it.

:)

same reason as one buys a 128mb card above a 64 mb card..

more memory == more textures can be loaded == higher resolutions with higher LOD's and better IQ through AA and AF filtering methods == better game play with higher minimum framerates...

:)

fps don't always tell the story... :)

further... the 256mb board has 256mb of ddr II... not ddr I as in the case of the 128mb version therefore it can certainly be overclocked... theoretically... a lot better :)

Yeah, but the benchmakrs say the 256mb versio n RARELY out performs the 128mb version.

Mayeb when game come out that use the full 256mb of Vram it will come in handy otherwise its complete waste of £'s (or $'s :))

Yeah, but the benchmakrs say the 256mb versio n RARELY out performs the 128mb version.

Mayeb when game come out that use the full 256mb of Vram it will come in handy otherwise its complete waste of £'s (or $'s :))

there is pretty much nothing on the market that really has the ability to show off the added power of the extra memory... though you will see the fps being better on 1600x1200 resolutions with AA and AF turned on high...

this product is a true high end card... ergo it commands a premium...

its a ludicrous price but I already know many people who have ordered and installed this card and are loving it... (many == more than 2 :) )

Sazar is there any company that made the ati 9800pro like with extra features, such as a better cooling fan, other things like the 9700pro

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
When you say IQ, you are referring to the ability to turn on AA and AF correct?
The 128 and 256 MB version peform almost exactly the same with AA and AF turned up (maybe 1 frame difference).

it depends which benchmarks you look@...

from they way one sees gpu's operating and the workload in rendering scenes it is only to be expected that more memory == better performance..

you may not necessarily get HIGHER framerates all teh time but smoother frame rates... ie... high min fps...

turning on AA and AF does also increase the memory usage... and again it is more efficient to have more memory and work be done by the gpu in larger chunks than it being continually worked on and swapped out...

Originally posted by themafia_69
Sazar is there any company that made the ati 9800pro like with extra features, such as a better cooling fan, other things like the 9700pro

the 9800pro's have been on the market around 2months...

@ the mo only other thing I have heard different from the stock version from ati is the sapphire fanless (ie the massive zalman style) heatsink.. :)

the quiet card like on the 9700pro... except its about and inch or so longer (has extra capacitors @ the end to regulate voltage et al )

609 CDN = 269 GBP = 444 USD

the Saphire version of the 9800 Pro is $604 CDN

which is about right... it's only 7% sales tax on it

key word is "now". the 256mb card isn't for people who always have to have the latest and greatest and will end up buying a new card in 3 months. it's for people that want the fastest out right now and want to go as long as possible without having to worry about upgrading. much like my mentality when i bought my GeForce2 GTS 64MB almost 3 years ago and gave up $320 for it. :)

only 7% tax u are lucky i got 15% but i am going to order it at cost for me LOL. but anouther thing, the stock heatsinks with the 9800pro, are they good or should i replace it with a better one?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back