ATI Video Card Recommendation

Not pink enough :(

Neon/hot pink dagnabbit. :smoker:

That's as pink as it gets!

Okay friends, my new card is scheduled to ship next week so I am preparing myself. Here at work I have an ATI Radeon X300 card and I decided to load the latest ATI Catalyst Drivers (6.2) to see what it's like.

All went well but now I have a shortcut to the control panel in my right click context menus. I looked through the settings and can't find a way to disable it. I don't like it in my context menus so could someone please tell me how to get rid of it?

Thank you.

Removing the ATI Catalyst context-menu entry

* Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Directory \ Background \ shellex \ ContextMenuHandlers

* One of the sub-keys is the entry added by ATI software. (Usually named ACE)
* Select the ACE sub-key, and then backup the key by exporting it
* Delete the ACE entry, and close Regedit.exe

The only handler present by default (in a clean XP installation) is the New handler. If you find any additional sub-keys there, it may have be added by third-party applications. Usually, the software that comes with your graphic card adds entries to the above location.

SOURCE

MS, I just found it on Google (from the same source) and was about to post my findings. Thank you for your speedy help though (reps coming your way).

No, not problems. Performance isn't up to par.

Saz, guess what. The card has been pushed back yet again. This time I am annoyed. March 2 is the new "projected" date.

madmatt said:
Saz, guess what. The card has been pushed back yet again. This time I am annoyed. March 2 is the new "projected" date.

Whats the order number?

Let me see what I can do.

Joy! My new video card finally came. Now I have a question regarding installation.

I plan on reformatting but not right away. How should I go about the installation?

Uninstall all my current ATI software and then the old ATI card? Or simply take out the old card and put the new card in its place and then install the Catalyst drivers?

madmatt said:
Joy! My new video card finally came. Now I have a question regarding installation.

I plan on reformatting but not right away. How should I go about the installation?

Uninstall all my current ATI software and then the old ATI card? Or simply take out the old card and put the new card in its place and then install the Catalyst drivers?
I would un-install all applications and drivers, and then the card itself from Device Manager.

Power off the PC, install the new card and then all software/drivers to go with it. I'm sure driver cleaner probably does something similar, but I'm old skool :smoker:

Where do I get a "driver cleaner"? I have never used one (I am notorious for reformatting every time I upgrade).

I prefer ATI's drivers and Overclocker to be honest. I actually want to install Overclocker as a service so it starts when my system does.

Omega still has 3D issues with clocking as well as Atitool and Sapphires OC utility. :dead:

715 core 750 mem on a X1800XT stable for ATI's drivers and Overclocker against 640 (not even what CCC will allow) core and 780ish for mem with Omega's drivers.

Just some advice.

That went rather well. Although the installation stalled on the WDM drivers. But after I restarted Windows picked them up.

Going to reformat this weekend anyway. But for purposes of testing, we'll see how the card performs with NFS MW.

Thanks everyone.

And just so you gents know, I used the ATI Catalyst drivers (6.2).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back