Ati v/s Nvidia on the frontpage

Sazar

Rest In Peace
why is it that the Ati cards are getting shortchanged on the frontpage?

no much mention of the benchmarks or anything else when the 9700 was released and pages and links were posted in varius threads... even to date I cant think of anything posted other than oh yeah its coming out (re: ati 9700)

the nv30 already has had more frontpage positioning than the R300 EVEN THOUGH it has not been released nor is anything performance related known about this card... the R300 based radeon9700 has benchmarks AND it has price listings already... and yet there is still no mention of it on the frontpage...

why is this?

also when threads are posted concerning the ati 9700... nothing else but its raw performance... people come out of the woodwork talking about the older cards (7000-7200, rage blah blah blah) and the drivers and so on so forth...

well all and good... the r300 has been in development for a while and even with raw drivers it smacked the pants of the CURRENT market leader and that was what was posted...

when the nv30 comes out perhaps we can start a discussion thread about that... at the moment I would certainly appreciate this forum giving a little more even handed reporting on the cards...

I am not an Nvidia hater... I own an nvidia card and an ati card... its just like my household has intels and my system is a pentium... but there is nothing wrong in stating the stats on both cards...

besides the stats of what CAN be do not relate to anything... I continually point to the parhellia and the difficulties of the 0.13 micron process... heck the nv30 may end up being a superduper card 50x better than anything else the world has ever known... BUT at the moment we have other cards ON THE MARKET...or on preorder...

within This particular forum lies a thread I started with benchmarks and features concerning the radeon 9700 that I had forwarded to posted... perhaps it can belatedly be posted...

:D

I just have more experience with nVidia cards, my personal preference - I'm not getting any freebies from nVidia or anything :p

If you do find some cool "news" about aTI feel free to mail it to me or post it in here and I would be happy to put it on the frontpage if it is worthy...

Originally posted by catch23
hmm...wonderful forum...I delete the second of an accidental double post, and it deletes both...

Thats odd as each post has a unique threadID :S

obviously if nvidia has been leading for a couple of years now, their products are going to have more hype over ati's. But now i think the tide has turned in ati's favour and there will be more of a focus on ati.

The R300 needs no introduction, it speaks for it's self in terms of extreme quality and performance. NV30 on the other hand, needs some introduction and convincing that it too will within range of the R300. (My theory anyway).

Throw it..........

I have had some nvidia cards for years. Then I got a Radeon 8500 128MB for HA HAs. Looks way better in 2D and 3D than my Nvidia cards. I'll pocket a couple hundred and stick with the Radeons for awhile. I took the G4-TI4600 back.

New Catalyst drivers rock.

ATi now has more of a focus because they have the only next generation card out...Nvidia's cards have been better than ATi since NVidia became a company....before that...it was 3DFX...

I have to disagree. Since the introductin of the Radeon the harware has been very good. The problem has been with the lack of decent drivers. From what I have read they have completely rewritten the driver base for the 9700 and are going to work more on providing updated drivers.

well I would not have been able to comment about the radeon 8500 till last week and now that I have a retail version... and I have oc'd it and it works nice and smooth.. I am very happy

this thread though is not about comparisons between the companies/cards.. it is about the lack of news that is present on the front page... when it was up.. concerning ati products... whereas there was FAR more news concerning the NV30 even though it is still in the works..

I did not think that was very fair... thats all

You can not say that it has more capabilities because there is no working model that exists.

there has to be prototypes mate... they can't just say blah blah blah will be made and let it be so... there MUST be something they can try it... might not have all the transistors et al.. but something to give them an idea of where to go...

You know what I Like best about Radeon over all my Nvidia cards? No buggy POS nvidia drivers screwing up my crap! Not one lick of a problem with Radeon. I am/was a diehard Nvidia fan, but I can't deal with the pure unadultered incompetence of Nvidia any longer.

I'll stick with a professional company that makes great hardware (and puts out really good drivers now) at a fantastic price.

Do either of you know what a whitepaper is?

It is what I use to wipe my a$$. What do you think a white paper is?

hey, Electronic Punk....
hows this for cool news

in 1600x1200 resolution the radeon 9700 pulls out 250% better overall performance(quality/speed/etc) that the gf4 ti 4600

and it achived sumthing amazing, like 3.5 times the gf4 ti4600's score in the 1600x1200 3dmark 2k1 SE test

so....still prefer ur nvidia???

It's a next generation card...released what...7 months AFTER the GF4???

Come on...IT SHOULD OUTPERFORM IT THAT MUCH...

Think...heh...

You are such an NVidia whore.

I am an idiot? I am not the the one who is saying that ATI sux and WD sux without knowing what I am talking about.

I say let them keep buying the Nvidia cards! Competition is good and keeps the price of our ATI cards down!!!

I love the way Urban Terror and Q3 look on my Radeon on my Sony flat screen. The screen looks so good I want to eat it. Yum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back