Ati Tv Wonder probs

Swi

gningnegneur
Lo all, i have some trouble getting my tv tuner working properly. I installed the Ati driver today and 9 times out of 10 the image is all fuzzy and scratchy, but the sound is ok. Anybody got the same problem?!?

I have driver v7.1... i'll try to install the beta 7.6 tonight...

if a particular driver does not work best thing is to rollback...

I have a radeon but I use a separate tv tuner that works fine.. no probs what so ever..

try out latest drivers or the ones that worked for you before... your choice really...

the fact is, it's the only driver i tried so i have no point to rollback :)

Originally posted by Swi
Lo all, i have some trouble getting my tv tuner working properly. I installed the Ati driver today and 9 times out of 10 the image is all fuzzy and scratchy, but the sound is ok. Anybody got the same problem?!?

I have driver v7.1... i'll try to install the beta 7.6 tonight...

Many people with TV Wonder cards have the same problem as do I, and the only way to temp fix it is to hold down on the Ctrl key while it's loading. Try it! But it sucks to have to do this because ATI can't make a decent f***ing driver or software.

Thx Pc-Dude, holding Ctrl does the job, but what a weird solution...

Originally posted by baser5nature
what exactly does holding down Ctrl do? why does this work?

According to ATI site it causes the TV program to load in safe mode. Other than that I don't have a clue.

you could try to uninstall current drivers and load the old drivers from your original installation CD rom and see if that helps any...

i just installed new drivers from windows update (which until today has never caused me problems) and now atimmc.exe uses 99% cpu time while loading for 2min then no sound with the usual picture quality... i'll be rolling back shortly...

roll back worked, don't install the Avermedia drivers from conexant, perhaps windows update didn't recognize the tvtuner correctly and thought i should download incorrect drivers... wierd...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back