ATI Rage 128 Ultra 16MB - Any hope of playing games ?!

sinnoc00

Mad as a Lorry
Okay, let me first say that this is a question about our work machines graphics cards, not my own (a nice Geforce 4 4400Ti !!) !

Basically on xmas eve my bosses are planning on setting up 4 machines so that some kids can come in and play games (and me with any luck :D ). They're speedy enough (P4 1.7Ghz, WinXP Prof.), but the only thing I'm worried about is the ****ty graphics card..

So... shall I tell my bosses to forget it or wot ?!

Games like half-life and all the mods that go with it and quake 2 should run ok i am sure other people will have other games from their past that will run on those systems...long time since i had one of those (but i did have 1:D ).

yup those cards would cr@p out with the new games but something like half-life... and there are many mods for it... or the older ut engines SHOULD work adequately... try it out first and see if the frame rate is passable for the kids :)

don't compare it to your 4400 coz that would be a shame lol...

g.luck

Cheers for that ! I'm going to be doing some *ahem* testing (which means me sitting at work playing games !), so I'll give Half Life a go - knowing my company though, they probably won't allow it due to the violence levels - doh ! :D

Anyone got any other games which are decent (and will work using this crappy card), but aren't, y'know, violent ? - for the kiddies bless 'em !!

gta3 :D

no seriously.... try some racing games or some adventure game...

look for an old racing game... can't think of one

You can get Need For Speed 3 and 4 pretty cheap. They will fly on that card, my old PC has that ATI in it (now a server LOL). They're great classic racing games :)

Another game that will run good on that card is Midtown Madness... and also try the motocross games and stuff... they are non-violent and fun to play. Have you ever seriously considered to ask the bosses if they would put in some GeForce 2 MX cards?? like some 32 meg ones.. they would run everything a lot better than a Rage 128. plus you can use detonator drivers with them in XP and they will perform better. ATI is really bad about drivers... just thought...

DirtyJoe,just read your post and noticed that you mentioned GeForce 2 Mx cards,I have that card but not those drivers,where can I get them,how do I install and what do I do if things go pear shaped?
Cheers
Mick.

Originally posted by mick42
DirtyJoe,just read your post and noticed that you mentioned GeForce 2 Mx cards,I have that card but not those drivers,where can I get them,how do I install and what do I do if things go pear shaped?
Cheers
Mick.

see the main page http://ntfs.org/ under LATEST DRIVERS :p :D

try using Morrowind. Highly detailed, and the best adventure/rpg game for PC.

Games that should run (cause i can run em on a 8mb tnt2)

Red faction
Swat 3
rainbow 6(rogue spear only one ive tried)
HL + mods
Unreal
Unreal tournament + mods
NFS up till 6 or whatever porche one was
MOHAA & spearhead
RTCW
Soldier of fortune 1 & 2
GTA 2 and 1 lol (GTA3 is 16mb min so might run it on low detail)
MAX PAYNE
hitman 1 & 2
GORE

to many to say but here are some i know will run lol
besides i cant name em all i cant even remember ones i aint played in awhile

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back