ATI Radeon 9800XT

zapoqx

Striking Master
Hey all
One of my buddies at college is wiling to sell me his ATI Radeon 9800XT. Now I went to Guru3D and found the artical about it. It sounds promising but I need opinions from the ATI experienced people.
Right now, I am using an nVidia Geforce FX 5200 128MB.
He says it beat all the FX series cards and I saw this was for the competition against the Geforce FX 5950. Now, I like nVidia for the fact many games are compatible from the get go (compared to what i've heard about many games first having problems with ATI and needing a patch to fix it).

So opinions all?

Depending on how much you are buying it for, it may be better to get a newer generation card like the 6600 or x700 which are fairly low in price.

9800xt is good but also an older card.

It's a very nice graphics card, but like Luna says, it's also very old. You'll have to be careful on how much you pay for the card, and what games you'll be playing on it. The low-end 6600, for example, will play current gen games pretty well for the asking price :)

really what it depends on is the price ask, how much are youi buying it for?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back