ATi Radeon 9700 Pro

ummmm...maybe an 8X AGP board?? ...dont know if it makes any diff. at all??

radeon tweaker

is very good even has a fix for the refresh rate in opengl games your best bet is rage3d.com for all your radeon needs

not taking away from this site but for your ATI needs thats the place to go .......

you should be able to perhaps squeeze a little more performance out of the card... maybe...

I wouldn't recommend clocking higher on either the card or the board or both in case you damage stuff... its always a risky proposition..

:)

cooling always helps m8.. :)

btw for the moment at least... agp 2.0 (8x agp) does not make a difference to the score... at all... more likely to do better on 4x so far... but the technology will improve... :)

Sazar i was comparing my score to yours, what did you do to get your score?

lol, even though you have the 9700 you're still not satisfied? well, getting the most out of your money is what i always say...as kermit said go to rage3d.com
i did that w/my lousy radeon 32mb sdr and got a pretty good performance increase...
you could get an agp 8x board but wait until the prices are down and that you're sure that the performance increase will be worth the extra $$$
you could try modding it (very very risky BTW) to get it really cooled off which helps a lot too

I forget the exact clocks I upped for my vid card through rage3d... but thats what I used...

the cpu/mobo combo I have oc well but I did not want to burn things out so I used the clock a couple less than I can..

the vid card I have copper coolers that I have added to the bga ram sinks... BUT the score posted is pre-modding..

um... just kick up your fsb if you CAN w/o sacrificing stability...

you have a faster CPU than me and have a better clock multiplier (ie. 12.5 v/s my 12) therefore oc'ing MIGHt be better for you since you can clock higher...

when you oc... your agp clock is automatically upped as well (meaning an OC)

now like I have said before different cards react different and maybe your card can't go higher.. its very possible...

your card is good enough and your score is high enough... you don't need to push your rig more and risk damaging stuff..

i know, i was just wondering if there were any specific tweaks. I am running my rig at 13 multi and 144 FSB. I am going to up it to 14.

Posted by Jz1397-4
after tweaking my system alot, i was able to raise my score from 12628 to 13416. That is a hell of an improvement.

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5077970

not bad :)

I been meaning to bench my card ever since I got the new ramsinks and stuff and the new drivers but never have lol... was hoping to make a run @ 14000 lol (yah right)

nice score jz... keep it up :)

Is PowerStrip any good? It seems to work fine on my rig. I hate the new 2.4 drivers. After upgrading to them, every time I tried changing a parameter, the screen would simply go blank. I think I'll wait for the 2.5 drivers.

the rage 3d tweak in the settings of the video card is what i used. Sazar what type of ram sinks did you get? I need to get some. I am thinking of placing a fan under it (blowing on the gpu) and then overclocking it. i will reach the 14000 mark, only a matter of time.
Rage 3d tweak
http://www.rage3d.com/r3dtweak/

Posted by IClimb
Is PowerStrip any good? It seems to work fine on my rig. I hate the new 2.4 drivers. After upgrading to them, every time I tried changing a parameter, the screen would simply go blank. I think I'll wait for the 2.5 drivers.

differnet products work different on different hardware setups.. the cat 2.4's work perfectly for me... even the 6193 drivers worked perfectly for me..

if you find something does not work... just roll back..

JZ... there are many copper bga ram sink kits out there... cost in the region of 30-40 dollars plus whatever charges for epoxy or something else to stick the buggers onto the bga ram...

if not adding much to the overall cooling.. it at least adds a little extra life to the GPU :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back