• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ati Omega Drivers

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by Jz1397-4
i was just wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between the omega's and the cats. will i notice a performance increase?
the philosophy is simple enough...

the cat's are WHQL :)

the omega's are effectively like the cat's but the omega 'driver team' uses different parts from various driver sets... incl some betas in order to put together a theoretically fast and stable driver set... use @ own risk...

they are not WHQL :)

D

da rock

the omega drvs seem to lean more to giving you better graphics than more speed.i've tried both sets and honestly can't tell that much diff. in the two. that 's not to say that omega drvs are useless,just that from my stand point i've don't see much diff.

M

mbunny

Its actually a performance decrease as he optimises his drivers to show things at high quality.

All Omega does is Pre-tweak the drivers so that the less tweak inclined can have a nice looking game without having to mess around with settings.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by mbunny
Its actually a performance decrease as he optimises his drivers to show things at high quality.

All Omega does is Pre-tweak the drivers so that the less tweak inclined can have a nice looking game without having to mess around with settings.
also does eliminate some bugs some systems may be experiencing with other driver sets :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies