Ati & Nvidia Drivers

N

neo

I was just wondering Nvidia come's out with it's detonator driver almost every day and ati release drivers couple of months apart and maybe more than that. Is it a good thing I have both ati and nvidia I trust ati more b'cause I don't like to download drivers everyday, And does the new drivers(nvidia) have any new setting and advatages that should improve gaming.

Originally posted by neo
I was just wondering Nvidia come's out with it's detonator driver almost every day and ati release drivers couple of months apart and maybe more than that. Is it a good thing I have both ati and nvidia I trust ati more b'cause I don't like to download drivers everyday, And does the new drivers(nvidia) have any new setting and advatages that should improve gaming.

ati releases a WHQL driver pretty much every few weeks... nvidia did not release a WHQL driver for almost 6 months before the 43.51's came out... :)

but they are both good in terms of support...

there are plenty of sites to get the drivers from...

well nvidia always try to make their drivers faster and better , optimizing their drivers for good gaming experience.

The new ones supposingly have faster performance too.

Originally posted by Misfire
well nvidia always try to make their drivers faster and better , optimizing their drivers for good gaming experience.

The new ones supposingly have faster performance too.

from what ive seen, nvidia seem to bring out several drivers which get good scores in benchmarks, but are poor in real usage (in games etc). every few months, they bring out a whql certified driver which is a good all-rounder which gives good performance on games (better than the previous ones).

Thing is though, nvidia fans tend to love getting new drivers everyday because it makes their 3dmark score higher, and they later moan when the whql versions come out because it isnt made for the benchmarks but instead for proper usage... some people tend not realise that a good 3dmark score doesnt mean their PC is awesome for gaming and high fps... sometimes they couldnt be further from the truth imo.

But looking at how ATi are making their newer drivers in the same range but the early ones are beta perhaps (i.e. catalyst 3.3). nvidia just have a new version number for a driver that might be utter crap... they also have one driver at version 31.11 for example, and the next one is 31.65 - so what happened to the 31.12 to the 31.64? can become confusing for the user imo

but then again, with me having a 2mx still... I probably dont have the most precise of opinions as I've heard the 28.xx series were best for me (although I still use the latest)

Quote "Thing is though, nvidia fans tend to love getting new drivers everyday because it makes their 3dmark score higher"

Well i aint one of those :confused: i am prepared to test any driver to see if any improvements are being implemented either in the quality area or the stability side of things...every time a new driver comes out people say better IQ well what are they basing that on....their benchmarking software...not real world gaming and software.

With new games coming out on a daily basis i find it reassuring that i have a vast choice of drivers to try if a certain game problem occurs.....which is currently happening with Grand theft auto vice city .

nvidia cheats in its drivers as well :)

rumored before.. proven now...

there is your performance increases :)

note many previous MASSIVE performance increases stemmed from lowered IQ in static benches... so there is a precedence...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back