ATI multi monitor??? need help

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i am wanting to do landscape my desktop wallpaper across my dual monitor set up but i am having alot of trubble, i have the ati 7000 dual VGA and i have the latest drivers and hydro vision. can someone show me how or at least post me to where i can figure this out??

thanks

dont think you can do it with hyrovision, I think you need ultramon

It works for me (Ati 9800 Pro), my desktop (wallpaper) is extended on my tv the same ... in display properties, did you selected the second monitor and enabled the "extended desktop" for it ? a screenie for your matter would allow us to see exactly what your problem is...

HMMMmmmmm I wish to do exactly the same sort of thing - no doubt there are some wrinkles in my setup though.....

First of I am presently using a 9600XT (also have another machien with 9700pro) Second I make use of the PowerToys virtual desktop, just to complicate things, lastly I am not presently using anything other than native XP support for extended desktop with these cards (and their drivers).

I am on Catalyst 4.10 I think, maybe earlier on this machine though, would need to check but think irrelevant.

Do I need extra software to spread the wallpaper? You see I would really rather like to have Monica Belluci or someone like that reclinign on my extended desktop wallpaper (sad I know! I am sure I will graduate to Manhattan skylines and such eventually!)

So guys - do tell - I am kinda new to having the two monitors up - just got the second one as a birthday (& Christmas) present! So I would like to make the most of it and doubling up the same wallpaper just looks a bit sad - off to experiment now and see what I can do though!

On my computer, I don't need to use anything driver specific to get a wallpaper to span both monitors. Just set the background using XP's "Display Properties" > "Desktop" section...but here is the thing you need to pay attention to. The secret is to set the image to "Tiled," and if the image is 2048x768, it will work perfectly. The standard background images you get off the net are typically sized for only one monitor, so you will need to go into photoshop or something to crop them and resize them until you get one that works.

http://www.9xmedia.com/Pages-products/2000-Backgrounds.html - this link contains some images that are already sized like this, along with the same instructions I just mentioned here. Again, nothing special, just the native XP way of doing things.

*I say 2048x768 if both monitors are set at 1024x768. If you use a different resolution, of course you will want to resize the image (1600x600, 2560x1024, etc.)

yes - I have found sizing is the thing - I downloaded Ultrmon and Monica has landed - but oh dear, she got stretched to twice her usual (lenghtly!) proportions to recline on my desktop :eek:

Many thanks for the link it will be the 2560x1024 wallpapers that will be hard to come by - maybe I need to make my own!

You all need to get Ultramon and stop arguing. It does what you all need and beautifully too. So do as you're told for once :D

strangely I has already downloaded that - beautifully I am not sure about, it insists on sitting in my systray and wants a right click and it does not even try to be as flexible as X which insists on dealing with all sorts of combinations of monitors on the X and Y axis.... But I admnit it works - to a point.

oh dear, am I arguing again? :p

^ bump ^ In fact Ultramon does NOT work for me if I am using (and I do) the powertoys virtual desktop tool - then it will set an extended wallpaper fine, but as soon as I change to another virtual desktop it reverts back, and mirrors on both monitors the same wallpaper (but at the wrong proportions). I'll fiddle some mroe, but I think this cannot be fixed as it stands.....

native xp works for me, i dont need and third party software taking up clock cycles

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back