ati fullscreen output to 2nd display???

Majin

DBZ - Yes its in me!
on my nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 in the display options i could designate the seondary display for fullscreen output of a video app such as a dvd player and still have my windows desktop visable on the first display how could this be done with my new ati 9600 pro ?

Originally posted by Majin
on my nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 in the display options i could designate the seondary display for fullscreen output of a video app such as a dvd player and still have my windows desktop visable on the first display how could this be done with my new ati 9600 pro ?

yes...

"how could this be done with my new ati 9600 pro?"

"yes..."

So helpful. ;)

Originally posted by Teddy
"how could this be done with my new ati 9600 pro?"

"yes..."

So helpful. ;)

I responded to thread title lol...

just drag application or move it using specific commands (depends if you are using hydravision or ultramon or if you are using generic winXP control panel)

then maximize the application... and there you are...

-edit-

btw teddy... I didn't see you dropping any pearls of wisdom :cool:

I have no pearls of wisdom to drop, still picking them up from here. :p

I'm just here to annoy.

thank you ....but it short no there is no automatic way to just have the *fullscreen output only* be sent to the secondary display i would have to *do* something each time to make it happen unlike nvidias way of when u go fullscreen the video is sent to the second display leaving the first desktop still visable with no moving of windows at all. rite?

Originally posted by Majin
thank you ....but it short no there is no automatic way to just have the *fullscreen output only* be sent to the secondary display i would have to *do* something each time to make it happen unlike nvidias way of when u go fullscreen the video is sent to the second display leaving the first desktop still visable with no moving of windows at all. rite?

I don't follow?

you want the application you open to automatically open fullscreen on the 2nd screen ?

you should be able to setup the applications individually using either hydravision or ultramon...

both of these things give you the option either with right click menu or a toolbar option to send the app to the 2nd monitor...

if you are opening a dvd player or something on the 2nd display you should be able to configure it individually...

also.. are you running dual display all the time or once in a while ?

i only occasionaly use dual display .... and rite now im not using either hydravision or ultramon (which id never heard of before)
but ya i want when i tell the dvd app to goto fullscreen the fullscreen output to goto the 2nd display when active. nvidia does that within its own control panel

heh :D

I woulda been able to give you more info had I not already sold my other monitor...

sry m8... I am just giving you info from what i remember with my experiences..

I think a 3rd party app should be able to help you out or a little messing round with hydravision profiles...

beyond that I suggest you check out www.rage3d.com forums or wait for someone else who is currently using a dual monitor setup with an ati card...

thank you for your help anyway an i appreciate it...i have solved the problem ....ill just buy an nvida card next time .. ROFLMAO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back