Ati Drivers?

Kush

High On Life!
just started about two days ago, it didnt happen before, but when i open any type of video it makes lines appear all over the screen, and i have the latest ati drivers, and i used the dhmodtool because the smart people at ati, the install doesnt work without that

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 88
they just replaced my motherboard, so wait if i go to windows 32bit this will happen also?

Yep, looks like your video card is fubar'd.

Not sure this is driver related m8. Looks like its video card related.

First off, just because your motherboard has been replaced recently, don't cross that out.

Secondly, I'm not sure how the above error would point to a faulty motherboard. I was only going by what LordofLA said. I'd be curious to hear his reasoning behind that actually.

I'm assuming it doesn't give you problems when your not watching video? You could try an earlier version of the drivers (newer isn't always best), or do a driver rollback if you don't have any readily available. I think going into 32-bit windows is a bit of an overkill, unless you want to dual-boot instead of formatting and starting over. Does this happen no matter what video playback program you choose? Might be easy enough to find a cheapo card to try as a test

i think its a driver thing, ill try to rollback or find out whats going on with the drivers, because it happens in media player classic, and powerdvd, i was about to say yes it happens in every player, but i quickly tested media player, and found it doesnt do that, weird

it's hardware. change either mobo or vga card. Change vga card first.

laptop. did u read though that it didnt happen in wmp?

Do a driver rollback, now. :smoker:

At the same time, have you verified you have the proper and most up to date drivers installed? ATI tends to update a lot from what I understand.

While it may not be software related, sure is easier to work with that first before you go having your laptop fixed.

errr.... how bout the codecs guys? I've had some similar screwups, reinstalling vid codecs corrected it....

just a suggestion.

Also IMHO - the omegadrivers are solid.

wel also i wanted to post this but got to lazy, even the flying object screensaver will preform very slowly gittering while running

Mastershakes said:
errr.... how bout the codecs guys? I've had some similar screwups, reinstalling vid codecs corrected it....

just a suggestion.

Also IMHO - the omegadrivers are solid.
looked into that, theres no x64 omega drivers yet

I could be wrong, but I would only think the codecs would effect "in-program" display, not messing up all of Windows?

kcnychief said:
Secondly, I'm not sure how the above error would point to a faulty motherboard. I was only going by what LordofLA said. I'd be curious to hear his reasoning behind that actually.

Well, the card is sitting in the AGP slot... The AGP slot also has to power the card, and as I remember some aspects of the graphics rendering are still done on the CPU (unless this has changed), and then passed up to the GPU... I'm remembering something of problems people had when the TNT2 and the Voodoo3 first came out, wrt some motherboards based on the i400LX chipset (for the Pentium II), and situations in which not enough current was being delivered to the cards. Not finding much on all the symptoms people ran into anymore... Hmm, if someone else remembers this, perhaps they could comment. Heck if someone suffered these problems, they might well remember their symptoms. My PII board was based on the BX chipset, so I didn't experience this myself...

BTW, I did notice something similar, but worse when in the networking lab we had to load win95 onto the Proliant 400 servers that used the Pentium Pro chipset. As many might remember, the PPro and win95 didn't get along all that well. The PPro had it's issues with executing 16-bit code :eek:

Mafia, you can try rolling back the driver, but if that doesn't work, I would suggest testing that video card next...

themafia.69 said:
wel also i wanted to post this but got to lazy, even the flying object screensaver will preform very slowly gittering while running

That further proves a few other points, the video card is more than likely on the way out. Might be overheating, or the RAM on the GPU could be bad.

Electronic Punk said:
Can you see what temp your card is at?
how would i go about doing that, just tried atitool but didnt show me anywhere

kcnychief said:
I could be wrong, but I would only think the codecs would effect "in-program" display, not messing up all of Windows?

themafia.69 said:
but when i open any type of video it makes lines appear all over the screen.

It's not messing with all of Windows?

Mastershakes said:
It's not messing with all of Windows?
what do u mean? if u can see in the pic, the whole screen has lines over it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back