ATI cooling program

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
is there a program that will let me view the temp of my ATI 9800pro card in windows XP and also perhaps the fan speed which is now hooked up to my system fan connection on my motherboard.

i just put a new fan on and the card failed, first time, i just now took the new fan off applied more thermal grease and so far, fingers crossed it is going ok.

so i guess if is stays on for another hour or so do you think i'm in the clear? i just think the card wasn't getting enough connection to the fan, hopefully the extra grease will solve the issue.... please let it.

ATI's own Catalyst Control Center will show you the temps of the card.

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Try that.

Click on the attachment to see what it looks like for my card. Can't guarantee it will work for you because I dunno if your card has thermal monitoring.

Temps are cards core (first) cards ambient temp (second). The temp in the taskbar is the core temp.

Seems a little high for me coz I just finished a run through Far Cry. Ambient temp is typically about 38-40 and load temp is usually about 58-60 with my fan on low setting.

Attachments

• Ati tool.JPG
    Ati tool.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 100
ATI's own Catalyst Control Center will show you the temps of the card.

Not always. Doesn't for my card even though I have thermal monitoring. I have to use a different app (above post).

I don't think the 9800pro has thermal monitoring, I believe ati introduced it with the XT version but I could be wrong.

ok guys thanks so much for the quick response, so far all is well, and wouldn't you know it my old 5600fx that was was going to use because i thought my 9800 was dead doesn't work, so lucky me for now...

i tried the cat center didn't help, couldn't find anywhere with the temps then i tried the atitool, but that also did not show me any temps

please forgive my crappy writing on the picture.

Attachments

• atitool.JPG
    atitool.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 95
Saz is right. The temps are shown on the "ATI Overdrive" tab which is only available for higher end and the new high end X series cards. I'm no help.

Yeah, temp monitoring was not added until the 9600XT. Us 9800 and earlier users are running blind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back